غابةا's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Re: Payment To Local Guides

@davidcox

You wrote: “but we all willing are participants in the program for a huge number of reasons.“

- Please briefly name 5. 

- Why is there no dislike button? 

Bottomline, Google makes/saves millions from LG contributions. LG info provided is also other than map corrections is subjective. The fact that it is subjective is an example of ego display. The impression of one’s will upon the public to steer them in a direction. 

If a reason to participate were due to concern about helping society. LOL  Well one would be better off volunteering or donating to a nonprofit . To people who have no clothes, home, food or loneliness. 

Google, is a monopolist capitalist organization that capitalize on every app or individuals involved  info. That includes all the personal info provided by LGs. Their habits, choices and input.  Laboratory rats and free labor.  🙂

Level 8

Hi @LandSlider,

Yes, I also want a "Dislike" button in Connect.

Would you please do us a favour to post a feature request at  Feedback and Feature Requests?  Everyone's opinions counts.

Thank you very much!

Level 2

@YK1001.   Friend... LOL  Why can’t you post that request? Post it! I will kudo you.

Sorry, it’s not my job to improve Google. 🙂 I don’t get paid. 😉

I’m quite sure they have been approached numerous time for a dislike button, as have Facebook.  Simple manipulation psychology rules is why they won’t.

Why? Not good for business.

It’s better to feed minds saccharin than provide healthy bitters of reality.  On the most part, the people are not interested in reality. That’s a different topic, which stems into the markets of distraction. 🙂

Have a great day!

I end here, but my case should not be marked solved. It wasn’t, though it was fun(ny).  ❣️

Level 8

Hi @LandSlider,

Because it is your idea.  It is what you want.

But it is fine, everyone will made decisions for their own life. 

One is free to not doing anything for their own needs.

One just had be take responsibility for ones own actions and decisions.

Level 10

Re: Can I earn money from being a Local Guide ?

Its No, Bo and a big No, No one can make money out of this plateforum. @غابةا

Level 9

@LandSlider  It is clear that you have your mind made up  " Google, is a monopolist capitalist organization that capitalizes on every app or individuals involved info. That includes all the personal info provided by LGs. Their habits, choices, and input.  Laboratory rats and free labor.  :-)"  That is true as does Facebook and others. So it looks like a conversation is some what pointless. Your views in this quote are clear. Some of this is the price users pay for free search engine use as well as resoundingly beating all other competition years ago. 

To your question on why I participate

1) I want to learn more about local businesses in my area

2) I am fascinated to study the companies and the traffic they get

3) I want to learn how to help companies enhance their profiles

4) I enjoy photography and photography of landscape, business's,  not people

5) I fell that the contributions make the user experience a richer more vibrant experience. 

If you disagree that is your choice and for no reason do have to participate or ever view this community so that it does not aggravate you. Almost no one here does not understand the situation. 

Level 2

Can I earn money from being a Local Guide ?

Can i earn mony by earning points from google contribute

Level 9

Re: Can I earn money from being a Local Guide ?

@Ahadulhassan  Sorry no Not within this program. It is against the policy of being a Local Guide. You can work up in levels and become a Street View Photographer.  Doing street view pictures that are 360 views but that is a separate program.   The point is the local guides should be unbiased and have nothing to gain by the content they contribute.

Level 10

Re: GENERAL

Truly said @LucioV

No one can make money or we are not here to make money, hope we all agree.

@غابةا @davidcox @YK1001 @LandSlider

Level 10

Re: benefits of local guide..?

@Ntechsys

Do not think it will never happen. What do you think it about?

@غابةا @davidcox @YK1001 @LandSlider