غابةا's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

回應: Payment To Local Guides

Sometimes we gave others a hand is his own free will, so no one forced any Local Guides to do these things in google maps.

And according to google's attitude to the program, I think that google is trying to feedback Local Guides in some way and has been acting.

Let's make more contributtions!

Local Guides from Taiwan.

My LGs profile➤https://www.google.com.tw/maps/contrib/101643820823137654634/◀

Level 7

Re: Payment To Local Guides

Wow!  How about those numbers!

See, just goes to show, we do it because we like it and want to be a Guide!  Local Guide Rock!!!🎃🎃

Level 9

@aashishvanand  It would be interesting to know the number of users that consistently contribute.  My guess is it is 20% of the total. I agree with that. I also agree Google is a master at studying involvement and how to promote it, but we all willing are participants in the program for a huge number of reasons.

Level 4

Payment for Improving Google Guide / Maps

Dear Google Team

Kindly advise that local guides (people) are paid for updating & Improving Google Guide / Maps?

Thanks

Level 10

Re: Payment for Improving Google Guide / Maps

Hi @PSSUNDRANI I often receive requests to update/improve map from customers that want to pay; please, consider that Local Guides is a volunteer program, and we are not allowed to receive money in change of services/reviews/photos, so you have to decline all of these requests.

There's a small subset of the program that will potentially allow you to earn money through the Trusted Photographer Program. You can learn about it from the following link:

https://www.google.com/streetview/earn/

Otherwise, if you're looking for an employment at Google, go to their career website and search for the positions that you're interested in.
https://careers.google.com/

Have a good day

Level 2

@MarianaBarbosa

Sorry you’re a bit naive to the app scenario and how Google capitalizes from them. They are not free, they garner all your info and more. They are also connected to advertising in various ways.  Hello. Nothing, is free. 

- Local Guides, is an old gimmick of which Goog capitalizes upon.  Percs and recognition, are ego pats and coupons and society plays into because society is very ego based. Even to the extent of narcissistic. They are many other avenues to truly contribute to society other than being a LG if one is taking a stance on being altruistic for the “good of all”.

Businesses use it as well to cheat by adding likes and stars. Just as people who create fake accounts to add Kudos, likes and etc. It’s a joke, and none of it’s truly a reflection of what exists. Same logic and manipulation is used by religions. The fact that even such exists, taints the whole thing.

Without its free LG  contributions, it would be less efficient, and would capitalize less. Simple. 

Yes, the map is a valuable tool. Though they get paid huge for it. Research that. The benefit from all their apps, or they don’t develop them.  It’s a no brainer.

Understand capitalism, read up on various escapades of Goog regarding that. LAZ, provides a sample, though I am sure people ignore because they don’t want to hear it. They have already made up their mind. I doubt hardly anyone except perhaps DavidC may have read the article. Did you? No.

Google gives you nothing for free. People who believe in such are deluded. 

Google’s as in Facebook, both capitalize and monopolize, by using people and everything they input. Everything.

Look at their stock prices. 🙂

Btw, no disrespect to you. I’m just being direct and to point. 

A Big open question, never answered by any here.

WHY IS THERE NO DISLIKE BUTTON?  

Because its part of the wag the tail and sugared pacifier game.

People don’t want reality, they want to believe what they wish. Example: There are huge negative environmental and social factors related to cell phones. Many that business and people are even aware of... LOL.  but do they give up their cell phone?  NO

Level 9

@LandSlider   This program and community is voluntary and very positive no one should participate if they do not fully embrace it with their eyes wide open regarding the situation. 

Level 10

Dear @LandSlider

We have opted voluntary and not for money. No one is going to stop contributibg. Believe, one day all LGs as per levels will be rewarded. Let us hope for tge same.

@davidcox @AnnetteM @hereisFU @aashishvanand

Level 7

Well done,  Kudos for putting such thought into your post.

I love to answer the questions!  I was answering the questions even before I knew why I was doing it, Or that I was doing it, to be a Local Guide!  My favorite Perk is getting the discount on movies, whether to buy or rent. Plus discount for music.

There are many rewards, for giving a little of your time.

Thanks again for your article!

Level 7

I enjoyed reading your post!  You hit on many good and valid points.  Has me thinking. 

I had to replace my phone, and before I realized it, I was a lever 3 guide, saying to myself, Oh No!,  I'm a Level 6 guide!  Sorry this really has nothing to do with anything.

Have a wonderful day!