غابةا's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Can We Earn In Consideration Of Working For Google - Local Guide?

@MuhammadImran, there are no cash payments available to us in the Local Guides Program.

Level 9

Re: Hii

Hi,

as far as I can remember you can’t earn money as Local Guide, only Google can 🙂. Local Guides are supposed to receive benefits depending on their level which depends on the number of contributions they make to Google Maps. I never saw the coulour. 

Argos Panóptês 

Level 6

Re: Can I earn money from being a Local Guide ?

No, 

If you work very well you will be remark from Google Map as badge 

Level 3

Re: how can i get money

friends.jpg

What do you think

Level 3

Can I earn money from being a Local Guide ?

Can i earn money with this

Level 10

Hi @Golfun_vines Local Guides is a volunteer based program, and your involvement is not considered as part of working for Google. There's a small subset of the program that will potentially allow you to earn money through the Trusted Photographer Program. You can learn about it from the following link:

https://www.google.com/streetview/earn/

Otherwise, if you're looking for an employment at Google, go to their career website and search for the positions that you're interested in.
https://careers.google.com/

Have a good day

Connect Moderator

Hi  there is no way for Local Guides to make money from the programme. Under the rules you cannot make any personal advantage.

Please refer to the Rules and the Help Centre.

You could join the Street View Trusted Photographers program if you're interested in making an income from helping businesses to promote themselves via Maps. To find out more information about SVT have a look at both Google My Business and Street View Trusted photographer to get more information. Note you need to keep your business and Local Guides separate to stay within the rules.

Regards Paul

Level 7

There is no financial gain here.  Paying people would encourage people to post information, likely false or misleading, just to make a buck.  The benefit is you help other users.  It is like a person stopping you on the street and asking for directions.  Would they pay you?  So it is all just courtesy to help others.  

Level 8

Hi @MuhammadImran,

The most important points while joining the Local Guides Community:

We are NOT working for Google.

We are NOT representing Google.

We do what we do as an Individual.  Then we use the platform and tools provided by Google so that we can contribute to the Community.

I do that just becase I feel good.

Level 2

Re: Payment To Local Guides

@davidcox. That’s nice,  

What you state doesn’t address my point other than saying: There are many people who do it for gratis and are committed. 🙂

Thus, Many provide volunteer work as Google capitalizes financially from their efforts.  Yes, I see the numbers. A few hundred thousand people. Imagine if each person got paid $1?  How much does all their contributions equate to for Google?

It’s quite a lot of work provided to Google for gratis and the corporation’s financial gain.  

Why they are they committed?  What are they getting out of it? 

btw, What is the approximate dollar value of every Google user? 

Obviously if there are many posts regarding this subject then it is a concern. Have you seen “those” numbers?  Present them please, along side the list you have shared.  

Have a nice day!