غابةا's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Can I earn money from being a Local Guide ?

Hi @غابةا Google Local Guides is a program made of volunteers. According to the program rules, terms and conditions you do NOT work for Google and you do NOT represent Google at all. You signed up into Local Guides program as a volunteer and the only rewards you can get are the ones stated below, you can see what do you get per level.

Level 1: 0+ points

• Get the inside scoop with our monthly newsletter
  • Join Google-hosted workshops and Hangouts
  • In select countries, enter into exclusive contests for Local Guides
  • Join the conversation at Local Guides Connect

Level 2: 5+ points

• Get early access to new Google products and features
  • Promote your own meet-ups on the Local Guides calendar

Level 3: 50+ points

• Get noticed with your Local Guides badge in Google Maps
  • Be eligible to receive promotion of unofficial communities

Level 4: 200+ points

Local Guides who reach Level 4 by 11pm EST on March 17, 2017 can unlock 100GB of free Google Drive storage. The benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued and is valid for one year. This promotion will expire after the cut-off date.

Level 5: 500+ points

• Eligible for Trusted Testing opportunities — access Google products and features before they are made public
  • Apply to attend our Local Guides Level 5 summit

For more info you can check the following link 🙂

Unlock additional benefits at each level

Luis Hernández - Querétaro, México. Queretaro Local Guides
Level 3

I want to know if i can earn money from this?

Hi friends I am new local guide,  I want to know if i can earn money from this? 

Can You Help Me please?

Level 8

Re: I want to know if i can earn money from this?

Hi @ivinr

Local Guides Program is purely a voluntary program and one is free to contribute at his/her own wish. This Program is launched to help millions people like you to help explore the places and get quality reviews about them. 

Life is short, Give as much as you can!
Level 10

Re: I want to know if i can earn money from this?

Hello @ivinr, we are very glad to see you in this forum. As @Lakshay told you can not earn money but you do have benefits waiting for you. Also, the first thing you get here is a lot of people like me and LakshayN. So why not you introduce yourself here with all of us. Thank you so much for your valuable time. 🙂

@LakshayN wrote:

Hi @ivinr

Local Guides Program is purely a voluntary program and one is free to contribute at his/her own wish. This Program is launched to help millions people like you to help explore the places and get quality reviews about them. 

Level 2

Re: Can I earn money from being a Local Guide ?

Yeah i get yhe point and i will keep it up until i reach level 5  

Thx u all ❤💙 (sorry for my bad english :p)

Level 3

Is There Anyway To Make Money At This.

I'm having fun with this and all, lord knows how I like to state my opinion, but I am curious if there is any opportunity involved that may lead to me being on Google's payroll? I mean, like if I show my loyalty but gaining details will there ever be a point where somebody says, "Wow! I think this guy is awesome! We should hire him to (fill in the blank)? Just curious.

Cheers! Kevin L Strickland

[REDACTED]

Level 9

Re: Is There Anyway To Make Money At This.

@KevinS I wouldn't bank on that but long term commitment always opens up some opportunities. I have people in my community who are working in the Mapping/GIS arena and find this work relevant to their profession. 

Just do it for the fun of it !

Level 10

Hi @KevinS please, remove your email, is not allowed to share here.

Local Guides is a volunteer program, so you don't have to expect any reward or any acknowledge that could lead to a job.

If you are looking for a job in Google, please, refer to http://careers.google.com

Best luck!

Connect Moderator

@KevinS It's up for interpretation, but all I can say is that if you join Local Guides just to get a job at Google, it probably won't work to well. Your participate in the Local Guides program should be based on your enthusiasm within the program itself. Being sincere is more important, and of course you should be having fun. But in the end, it's open book really. I've seen some people that have involved in various Google program end up getting a job at Google, so it's definitely not impossible. Whatever the result will be up to you 🙂

Level 7

How to earn money through google local guide?

I am a Google local guider with level 5. Now I would like to know how to get money or get a job at Google through this practice.