غابةا's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: guide points

Hi @VipinC, the simple answer is no. Its a volunteering program.

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 8

Re: guide points

Hey @VipinC, welcome to the Local guides community. 
For your answer, there's practically no way to earn by reviewing places or making an improvement by editing them, but I would say you can actually earn money if you become a trusted street view photographer and get hired.To become a trusted street view photographer, you got to have at least 50 (360 photos) published on Google Maps and also fulfill the criteria to become a trusted photographer.But if you put yourself on hire for a 360 photograph as a trusted photographer and start earning, you will no be eligible for the local guides program and would no longer be eligible for the benefits of the Local Guides program.
Local Guides program (in my opinion) is a volunteer program for those passionate about Maps, navigation, exploring places and sharing their experiences with the world not only to share but also to help the world at large.The small contributions that we make on maps are somehow helping millions of people reach out to a completely new place or find a service near their location or they might be in an emergency to reach out to a hospital or it could be anything. When local guides like us add a missing place, it is not for the points that come along with it but for the sake of exploration that we went out and found a new place,now the next time somebody is in search of a place, he or she can find it and this would help them. Its about you passion to travel, explore and share your experience with the world and offer them to see the world through your eyes in the form of photos that you share.

Level 6

Re: Can I earn money from Local Guide ?

Hi googlelie

It's a valid question. For answer is no.

But it's fun and interesting to add-review places that you visited/known ones.  Its purely based on interest only and you avail LG benefits. It's also connects you to the world.

All the very best 

@parasratnar wrote:

Hi Friends 

Can I earn money from Local Guide or not? Hows Benefit from Local Guide ? 

@parasratnar wrote:

Hi Friends 

Can I earn money from Local Guide or not? Hows Benefit from Local Guide ? 

Level 7

Re: Money

I need to learn languages for help people at all 

@kathyT wrote:

Can I make money taking pics for Google maps?

Level 2

How to use points ?

Suppose If i earned 500 points then how can i use...? can i get money through points...?

Level 8

Re: How to use points ?

Hi @UmeshC You do not work for Google and you do not represent them at all. Local Guides program is made of volunteers, you do not receive any payment in cash at all. There are some rewards for each level:

Level 1: 0+ points

• Get the inside scoop with our monthly newsletter
  • Join Google-hosted workshops and Hangouts
  • In select countries, enter into exclusive contests for Local Guides