cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Camera for street view photography

Screenshot_2018-09-21-16-27-53-364_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.png

Is this camera right for capturing 360 Photos for street view is it fullfiiled googlG Map street view Photos requirements. Pleased help me to decide

USA
11 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Camera for street view photography

Hi @Anonymous! You can upload 360 photos to Street View taken by almost any cameras.

You should always take into account the preferred image quality:

• 14 mp or larger (5,300 x 2,650 px)
  • 2:1 image aspect ratio
  • No gaps in image around horizon
  • No significant stitching errors
  • Adequate detail in light/dark areas
  • Sharpness: no motion blur, in focus
  • No distracting effects or filters

Here you can find the equipment that covers the Street View requirements.

In my personal case, I use a Samsung Gear 360 2016, and all my photos have been approved by Google. Anyway I haven't uploaded 360 photos for a while now. You can always take 360 photos with your phone too!

Hope this helps!

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG

View solution in original post

Level 9

Hello @Anonymous  

I'm using this one, actually start using from last month. It model only support samsung phone and only few models, please check the compateable models before buy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @AbdullahAM

Thanks a lot it is helpful for me I didon have the Samsung phone or IPhone so I think it is not compatible with my phone.

Level 10
Solution

Hi @Anonymous! You can upload 360 photos to Street View taken by almost any cameras.

You should always take into account the preferred image quality:

• 14 mp or larger (5,300 x 2,650 px)
  • 2:1 image aspect ratio
  • No gaps in image around horizon
  • No significant stitching errors
  • Adequate detail in light/dark areas
  • Sharpness: no motion blur, in focus
  • No distracting effects or filters

Here you can find the equipment that covers the Street View requirements.

In my personal case, I use a Samsung Gear 360 2016, and all my photos have been approved by Google. Anyway I haven't uploaded 360 photos for a while now. You can always take 360 photos with your phone too!

Hope this helps!

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @ValeriaA_

Thank you so much for this tip I now confirmed about street view cameras

Level 10

Hi @Anonymous in the first year this camera was not compatible with SV app, that means you had to download your images and import into smartphone before publishing.

Since some months this camera is compatible with SV app: http://360rumors.com/2018/02/samsung-gear-360-2017-now-compatible-google-street-view-app.html

Level 10

Dear @AbdullahAM

This is one of the major limitation

Rs

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 10

Dear @LucioV

My friend had it returned, recently. Even after the firmware update, video was not working.

I have done a very serious study on the selection, I  think, you should consider the features of Insta360 One , although the cost is more. It has many features which are normally available in 2 to 4 times costly equipment only.

I used 3 cameras,Technically, I suggest Insta360 One.

Tx

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @LucioV @TravellerG

@ValeriaA_@AbdullahAM

Thanks all of you to guide me properly it was important for me because I purchased a 360 camera before but it was a lose for me because Google Maps does not approv Photos taken from that camera so I decided to get help from Local Guides like you and I am proud of you that you are always there to help us 

Level 10

welcome dear @Anonymous

If you google, you can see the features; see couple of YouTube videos, too.

Technically (theoretically), we may be able to manipulate most of the 360 photos, with some processing to suit SV. But, practically, the time taken to process the photos limits, your shooting pleasure.

Regs

2 to 3 clicks, this was uploaded (may be maximum of five minutes - we were next to the mobile tower)