ChiepSophy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Cambodian or Khmer foods so wried

Steam Asia Soft-shell turtleSteam Asia Soft-shell turtlePak LavPak LavChinese BroccoliChinese Broccoli

I would like to share one restaurant in Phnom Penh the name Ptas Pak Lav,

they sell kind of food like Duck meat, Pork or pak lav, turtle, stir fly Chinese vegetable. 

please enjoy your lunch time, sorry that i didn't have the cooking recipe or ingredient about dish foods above.

Sophy
ផ្ទះបាយអីុអូន(បាយផាក់ឡូវ), Phnom Penh, Cambodia
6 comments
Level 10

Re: Cambodian or Khmer foods so wried

@ChiepSophy Thanks for sharing this.

I will try anything once. Haven't specifically tried soft shell turtle before, would it taste like a seafood? Is this a fresh water variety?

The intestines and stomach, I think I prefer some strong flavor complement that natural taste of it. Maybe strong pepper or vinegar or spice. 

@ChamnanMuon is from there in Cambodia, not sure if you know each other. Just sharing so one day I can come visit and we can go have these. 🙂

Level 9

Your food looks delicious especially "Steam Asia Soft-shell turtle" and "Chinese Broccoli".

Thank you for sharing with us @ChiepSophy 

Level 10

Hello @StephenAbraham 

thanks for your interesting my meal dish, it is tasted like seafood turtle, is this a fresh water like river or lake, 

Sophy
Google Moderator

Hello @ChiepSophy,

I don't think this is weird, I've tried most of the food you mentioned just in different style of cooking and it's very tasty. 

For the soft shell turtle I've tried it in a soup version with a lot of Chinese herbs, and the Pak Lav which I guess it's pork stomach, I tried it in a version where they braised it together with eggs, pork belly, along with soy sauce and oyster sauce. 

I think those ingredients are very common in Asia. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

@StephenAbraham thank for mentioned. Yeah, we're in a private Local Guide group chat and will plan to meet each other, @ChiepSophy, in person. 

Level 10

Hello @ChamnanMuon 

Thank you Bong,

Sophy