Andréas_S_Eriksson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Calling out to SWEDEN!

How many people from Sweden are in here? Sometimes it feels like I am the only one and making a get-together on that is no fun at all.

If you live in Sweden, where in Sweden do you live? What interests do you have? Would you like to come to a meetup? 

I have been a part of LG for some years now and I know of only a handful more LG´s in Sweden. Some I have talked to and some I have just seen posts from. My feeling is that Google Maps although it has been used quite a long time in Sweden it is just now that shop owners, hotels and other business have started to interact with reviews and uploading pictures themselfs. I would very much like to push this development forward and I would really like to get to know the people in my country who are as dedicated to this as me.

1484r.jpg

Andréas S. Eriksson
Sverige
20 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Calling out to SWEDEN!

Hi @Andréas_S_Eriksson

What a lovely idea! I really enjoy these types of meetups where you can meet new people and share stories and ideas. I've been to Stockholm many times and I love that city! It's so vibrant and the old town is simply beautiful. 

I'm from Finland and also looking for Scandinavian meetups, but yet to find any. I love using Google Maps for places, because it gives me a better idea what to expect. Would love to see more of Sweden! 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Hey @DanniS
It feels like the Nordics are not in front position of this. I don't know what it looks like in Finland when it comes to taking part in contributing to Maps and the LG society. How long have you been LG?

Andréas S. Eriksson

Hi @Andréas_S_Eriksson

Unfortunately, not so many Nordics here I agree, but I'm so happy when I see some posts from Scandinavia 🙂 

I've been only for a few months and I do enjoy it. I've learned many things about other places and gotten some great tips for traveling. It's a great place to share stories and ideas. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Svar: Calling out to SWEDEN!

Hi @Andréas_S_Eriksson and @DanniS!

Really nice seeing both of you here. I'm actually hosting a meet-up in a few weeks in Stockholm and I would be so happy if you could join me! There's more information about it in the link below and you can also sign up for the meet-up there. 

https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup/23a56a2cbcee45e8a6c2ad2eeb374835

So happy to see that other Swedes are here and interested in meeting and sharing experience!

Hi @Linnéa and congratulations on your meet-up! 🙂 

Is this your first meetup or have you hosted before? I think this is a great way to meet others with similar interest and share stories. I would love to join it, but unfortunately I won't be in Sweden at that time. I'm looking forward to go home (Finland) for Christmas. 

Would love to see more stories from you and let us know how your meetup went. 

Level 8

Thank you so much @DanniS!

Where in Finland are you going? And do you live in Sweden otherwise? I visited Helsinki about two months ago and also in April this year, very cozy city! 

This is my first meet-up, I became really excited to host one after I got to go to the Connect Live event in San Francisco in October so I applied for hosting as soon as I got home.

I will definitely share a post with a recap from the meet-up and hopefully people will be encouraged to come again when I host my second one.

@Linnéa I will be going to Helsinki, but otherwise I live in the south of Europe, not in Sweden 😞 I do visit Stockholm when I'm in Finland with the cruise. It's a really beautiful city. 

Wow you got to experience Connect Live! That must have been an experience of a lifetime? Really excited to see some cool photos and hear about your experiences. 

Level 9

I am going to write in swedish for now, but I hope everyone knows how translate works. 😉

@Linnéa Kul att det blir träffar. 😃
Tyvärr så kommer jag att hålla ett fika för vänner och familj hemma i Falun dagen innan så jag får nog lov att stå över den här gången.

Jag hade en fotowalk planerad för ett tag sedan här i Falun/Dalarna men den blev jag tyvärr tvungen att ställa in den. Är det något som du eller andra som du vet är intresserad av att blir av fastän det är i Dalarna?

Andréas S. Eriksson
Level 8

@DanniS Oh I see! Southern Europe is lovely though, isn't it?

Connect Live was really an experience of a lifetime, I'm so grateful for getting the chance to go there. I learned so much and got to know so many wonderful people, both local guides and Googlers. I'll attach a couple of pictures from the event, just for fun ?IMG_20181018_115608.jpg

WendyGeorge-1760.jpg

surf_0379.jpg

christina-DSC09474.jpg