OmerAli's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Call for Grand Selfie Photo Mosaic- 01

Hi @OmerAli, this is a great initiative and I would definitely like to be a part of the global Google Local Guides grand selfie mosaic! Here's my submission:-

Flaunting the Local Guides hashtag at Bongaon, IndiaFlaunting the Local Guides hashtag at Bongaon, India-Name: Resham Das

-LGC Username: @ReshamDas

-Why I like this place?

This photo was taken at the city of Bongaon, in the district of North 24 Parganas, at the state of West Bengal, India on a rail-bridge which connects two neighboring nations India and Bangladesh, which is why this place is so special, the reason this place holds significance in my journey of around three years as a Google Local Guide. This photo was clicked during an Indo-Bangladesh friendship walk organized by my own West Bengal Local Guides community at the border city, in presence of local guides from both the countries (@Sovon@AshiqueMirza from India and @ShahMdSultan from Bangladesh). The place is also close to an important landmark - the Petrapole-Benapole road border, which also is the largest land port in south Asia!

Connect Moderator

Hello @ReshamDas

Thanks for the submission, that is a great selfie. A railway bridge connecting two countries? wow, that is great. 

I remember the days back in the UK, where you could literally have one foot in England and the other in Wales, same for Scotland (however, there are no concrete borders there and its part of UK).

Also, I experienced the Third tunnel between South and North Korea where I was literally a feet away from the DMZ zone 🙂

I wonder how it feels to actually stand on a border line of two countries. 

Level 8

Hi Omer,

Very cool idea and of course I'd love to join such a huge photo:

Shady Salama and the big Pyramid in behind scene!Shady Salama and the big Pyramid in behind scene!

-Name: Shady Salama

-LGC Username: @ShadySalama

-Why I like this place:

It's one of the oldest and only remaining of the world's seven wonders, it gives you the positive energy of how such machine-less, crane-less world were able to build such a huge monument, really proud to be an Egyptian.

Join our Egypt Local Guides Community - https://www.facebook.com/groups/egyptgooglelocalguides/
Level 10

@OmerAli great idea

-Name: Alexandra

-LGC Username:alexandradias

-Why I like this place?: because I like the contrast between building and natureP_20190119_103246.jpg

Connect Moderator

perfect @alexandradias

Thanks for sharing. 

Level 10

-Name: Yasumi Kikuchi

-LGC Username: YasumiKikuchi

-Why I like this place?

I like philosophy. This is the area where philosophers and literary people lived in the past.

Philosophy Road in Kyoto (Local Guide @yasumikikuchi)Philosophy Road in Kyoto (Local Guide @yasumikikuchi) 

日本のローカルガイドの皆様、お気に入りの場所で撮影したセルフィを投稿しませんか?

後日 @OmerAliさんが編集して大きなモザイクフォトアートを作成し、Googleへ公式に利用してもらうよう提案するそうです。ぜひご参加ください😃

@HiroyukiTakisawa @potaro67 @kumax_aomori @Anonymous @KOBAYASHI_Jun @ken_jp @AKITAN

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

Level 9

Hey @OmerAli, thanks for your awesome reply.

Of course it's a great experience standing on a border connecting two neighboring nations, only those who have stood in a no man's land separating two countries can feel the thrill of that. The feel is multiplied when the two bordering countries are situated in Asia!

The border between India and Bangladesh reminds one of the painful memories of partition during the independence of Greater India in the year 1947, just because the state of Bengal in India and the nation of Bangladesh aside have the same language, similar cultures, similar scenarios of golden paddy fields across the horizon, similar craze for the game of cricket, and the same legendary personality - Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941) behind the national anthems of both the countries (Jana Gana Mana Adhinayaka Jaya He for India, and Aamar Sonar Bangla Ami Tomay Bhalobasi for Bangladesh)!

I have also been to the border of India with Pakistan, one of the hottest borders talked around the world, thanks to the shortage of peace between these two nations for over the years, even after 72 years of independence. That was a completely different experience compared to this one, because everyone attending an evening parade at the Wagah Border connecting Lahore in Pakistan and Amritsar in India are highly spirited with patriotism - be it the security force personnel or the civilians of both the sides. I guess this one would easily stand in the same line with standing on the border between North Korea and South Korea.

Connect Moderator

@ShadySalama my brother, you killed it man. what a great picture. 

people like me who have been making plans to see pyramids and that too in freezing cold (I wasn't expecting it to be cold in Egypt but your jumper tells a different story) are definitely jealous of you

Thanks for the share 🙂

beautiful

Connect Moderator

perfect. 

That's one awesome photo @YasumiKikuchi-San

you're amazing, its like every time we get to know something new about you, its cultured and pristine. 

I love it that you are into philosophy and literature, got to learn a lot from you. 

Level 10

Thanks for invitation, @YasumiKikuchi , @OmerAli 

-Name: Shotaro Igami
-LGC Username: potaro67

-Why I like this place?
 It is a beautiful mountain top. Those who came by car only walk around the parking lot. I want them to climb up to here.
It is a place with a sad past where trees have withered with smoke from the mine.