OmerAli's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Call for Grand Selfie Photo Mosaic- 01

Hello Local Guides

Here's a brand new idea to stay close and share the place closest to our heart. Step-by-Step intro : Grand Selfie Photo Wall        | Artwork Courtesy: freepik.comStep-by-Step intro : Grand Selfie Photo Wall | Artwork Courtesy: freepik.comImage Courtesy: freepik.com

Here's how it works:

1. Take a selfie at your favorite place (current favorite, all time favorite or perhaps any beautiful background you'd like to share)
  2. Reply to this post, share that gorgeous photo and details using the template below. 
  3. Share with your buddy local guides or simply go through the submissions (Remember: Tagging your buddy Local guides puts a smile on their faces). 
  4. Once the call for submission is over, the submissions will be used to create a gorgeous photo mosaic/wall and will be shared with all of you.

:: Template ::

-Name:

-LGC Username:

-Why I like this place?

I am also going to ask @TraciC@brittym and @MaxNYC to please post it on #LocalGuides Insta and facebook channel (not guaranteed, though).

So, let them selfies coming ...

P.S. Submission deadline - 31st January 2019 (Now Extended)

Update: 10 February 2019 (as per request from many local guides)

Final Update - Submissions Closed 

Pinang, Malaysia
283 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Call for Grand Selfie Mosaic 01

Hi @OmerAli. That's an interesting challenge. Why don't you share an example to make sure it's done right. By the way, did you craft that infographic yourself?

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

What a brilliant idea @OmerAli 👍👍  FB_IMG_1543087247336.jpg

-Name:

Kashif Abdul Razzaq

-LGC Username:

@kashifmisidia

Level : 10

Phetchabun Thailand

-Why I like this place?

I took that selfie in Phetchabun, the central province of beautiful Thailand. The place where I took this picture was actually a huge temple . And I love that calm and awesome place very much .

Thank you for your post Omer bhai.

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 8

Super amazing idea @OmerAli - I'll submit my photo soon 😄 
Excited already

Level 8

Great idea, Omer! Yes, it would be good if you could show us an example just to make sure we do it right.

Connect Moderator

@IrrPavlova

Thank you so much for your input, I already started getting great selfies from Local Guides and I simply cannot wait to see how the end result 🙂

As per the design, I used the main concept from freepik.com and designed the rest myself. I attributed the original authors (for websites, they wanted an embedded code which for some reason is not showing up), and now going to update the image caption with attribution as well. 

I am also going to share my post as well, how about yourself? fancy sharing your grand selfie with us?

cheers

Connect Moderator

IMG20190119180949.jpg

Name: Omer Ali

LGC Username: @OmerAli

Why I like this place?  

I recently discovered this great hiking track that goes all the way up to the Thai Monastery on Berapit Hill. The reason I like this place is because of its views and serenity. You can see Penang Mainland as well as Penang Island from the Top of this Hill, specially the sunrise and sunset are breath taking. 

P.S. Tagging some of the amazing people I met during CL18. In no particular order ( @KarenVChin @ermest @StephenAbraham @FaridTDF @AdrianLunsong @vvbellur @Gabuu @JedR @Tula @ValeriaA_ )

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much @KashifMisidia bhai

can you please share the photo here as well, so that everyone else can see 🙂

Connect Moderator

Thank you @AIMAN_SAEED .

Can't wait to see your submission.

Connect Moderator

So glad to hear from you @adriana-celeste 

Its pretty simple, let me walk you through

1.   Take a great selfie. I am sure you must have already done that
  2.   Upload it to the form, using this link here (it will help to keep all of them organized)
  3.   Post the same image along with the description here, so that other local guides can see and follow 

Really easy. Also, we have no limits to the photos, the more the better. I personally wish to see thousands of those selfies to create a grand mosaic. 

🙂

You can also use the template below to post on LocalGuidesConnect.

Name:

LGC Username:

Why I like this place?

-cheers