Kofigramm's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

CYCLING IN ACCRA GOT A NEW TWIST WITH GO CITY CYCLE SHARE AND CAFE

While the lockdown was temporary, I discovered a secret hang out within the heart of Accra. Go City Cycle Share and Cafe is the place!

I posted about Go city bike cafe on my recent post on Instagram and believe me I had the highest engagement ever, so I decided to write a blog post about it.

Kofi at Go City Cafe and Cycle ShareKofi at Go City Cafe and Cycle Share

Okay ready.. let’s hop into this blog.
Go city cycle share and cafe is Accra and Ghana’s first and best bicycle share and cafe. Yes I said first and best because they’ve been in existence since 2018 right here in Accra. The cycling culture is not common in Ghana especially when our country was not developed well.

Go City Cycle Share is promoting green cycling in Ghana and it’s something you should be excited about. Bicycle nomads and tourists from all over the world visit Ghana and go on bicycle tours in Accra to see your favorite landmarks like Osu Castle, Jamestown, Black Star Square, Asomdwe Park amongst others. You can visit their website to book a bicycle tour with your squad, I know its exciting! After all, what are weekends for?

Yellow bicycles at Go City Cycle ShareYellow bicycles at Go City Cycle Share
Aside from going on a city cycle tour in Accra, you can visit the cafe in Osu to read a book, work, or hang out with a friend. I know we need to observe social distancing protocols so don’t panic, Go city cafe has all the necessary safety measures in place. Go city cycle share and cafe opened on June 27th and has a few good books you’ll love to read.

Coffee and Postcard at Go City Bike CafeCoffee and Postcard at Go City Bike Cafe
Now to the most interesting part, everyone especially you a social media savvy person loves Instagram worthy photos. So if you‘re looking for an aesthetic place in Accra, consider visiting Go city cycle share and cafe to take a photo or two. I’ll advise you to visit there at twilight or after dark so you get the ambiance of the yellow lights.

If you‘re a lover of souvenirs Go City Cycle share has got landmark, figurines, mugs, keyrings, postcards, and more for sale. Anytime you visit you can pick up a few cute artifacts for a loved one.

Oh, it seems there’s a lot of things to do at Go city cycle share and cafe. Well let me ask you a question, do you know how to ride a bike? Don’t laugh I’m serious!

You’ve been transporting yourself to and fro via uber, trotro, and taxis and that’s not fair or healthy to the environment. Go city cycle share offers bicycle lessons ( who even does that in 2020?) for as low as GHC 20 for 4 hours! Book a lesson today and thank me later because it’s exciting and fun.

Would you rather commute to your destination faster and traffic-free with a bike or get stuck in the mad traffic in Accra? Cycling in Accra has great health benefits aside from exercising your limbs. Go city cycle share offers monthly bicycle memberships for as low as GHC 300 and you can use a bicycle free for the month.

Lastly, before you leave this post, have you experienced neon night cycling before? Maybe you’ve seen that on tv but do you know Go city cycle share organizes neon night cycling in Accra? Well yes and that will be coming soon.

Go City Cycle Share Neon Bicycle.jpg

While you add to your list of places to visit in Accra after lockdown, go visit their website gocitycycle.com and book a city cycle tour. Do that, take a photo and tag me on Instagram. You can also follow Go City Cycle Share and cafe on Instagram.

Thank you for reading my blog. Don’t forget to share and drop a comment or suggestion, I absolutely appreciate your thoughts!
Watch out for the next dope place to visit in after lockdown!

Kofi Dotse
Accra, Ghana
2 comments
Level 6

Re: CYCLING IN ACCRA GOT A NEW TWIST WITH GO CITY CYCLE SHARE AND CAFE

Great article. I The find this statement " ... in Ghana especially when our country was not developed well."  a bit too broad a brush to paint, why not be specific and say the road infrastructure doesn't accommodate or encourage cycling.

Will definitely keep and eye out for Go city cycle need next time I'm in Osu. Thanks

Level 6

Re: CYCLING IN ACCRA GOT A NEW TWIST WITH GO CITY CYCLE SHARE AND CAFE

Hi Brew! Thanks for your contribution. I think I agree with you on this.

Kofi Dotse