Sayo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[CANCELLED] Map-A-Charity (PopUpArtClass)

Map-A-Charity (PopUpArtClass)

Motherless Babies Home

Lekki Phase I, Lagos, Nigeria

March 16, 2019 @ 10:00 (WAT)

As part of my ongoing Map-A-Charity series (on behalf of October Orange Initiative), I thought to introduce a new twist to the series by introducing pop up art classes that will be held at various charitable homes that cater to children. This particular meetup will be focused on visiting the Motherless Babies Home in Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria. The intention is to introduce the kids to the world of art and get them to appreciate art for what it is, whilst also helping them have fun at the same time. From a local guides perspective, part of the learning points will be understanding the real needs of these homes and bringing attention to how as individuals and a community we can help to make the lives of these children that much better by getting the 'community' to contribute to their needs. Also, as Local Guides the intention is to use Google Maps in ensuring these homes are properly mapped and using relevant hashtags to bring them attention when people conduct searches. All that is asked of you when coming for this meetup is a large and open heart so that we can all spread genuine love. But of course, if you have items to donate to the Motherless Babies Home Lekki, please do feel free to come along with such items. Thank you.

Lekki Phase I, Lagos, Nigeria
4 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Map-A-Charity (PopUpArtClass)

Hi @Sayo,

Thanks for taking your time to organize this meet-up. 

Please don't forget to share a recap and have fun!

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Re: Map-A-Charity (PopUpArtClass)

Hi @Aruni,

I definitely will do so.

Looking forward to the fun.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Due to scheduling conflicts, I will be reposting this mee...

Due to scheduling conflicts, I will be reposting this meetup for a later date.
Level 8

Re: [CANCELLED] Map-A-Charity (PopUpArtClass)

Hello everyone,

Due to scheduling conflicts, I have had to cancel this meetup. However, I am reposting it for March 30, so it is sure something to look forward to.

Watch out for the new post.

Cheers.