PittsburghJon's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Bus stop edits never get approved

The vast majority of the time, edits I make get approved.  But I've noticed bus stop edits never ever get approved.

Here's an example https://www.google.com/maps/place/Waterworks+Mall+at+Walmart/@40.487971,-79.889315,147m/data=!3m1!1e... this shows the bus stop as being located to the left of the Walmart entrance, when in fact it's too the right.

Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 12.14.06 PM.png

Here's even a picture proving where it is.

Over the past few months I've submitted an edit to this stop several times but it's never changed.

Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 12.15.17 PM.png

This is not the only bus stop i've had this edit issue with.

When people are walking or in a rush to catch a bus, a half a block inaccuracy can make a big difference when searching for a bus stop

My guess is that Google Maps only let's the Port Authority make bus stop edits.  But if that's the case, why even have an edit button for bus stops?

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  What city are you in and have you been able to edit bus stop locations?

˚͜˚
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Level 9
Solution

Re: Bus stop edits never get approved

Bus stops are part of the transit layer and LGs can't add or edit their location, so you will always get denied.

Normally with features that LGs can't edit the best thing to do is send feedback from the map, however my experience with misplaced bus stops is that Google won't/can't do anything about it if the data received is incorrect. It's still worth reporting though:

In the desktop version open the map at the desired location
Click the hamburger icon ☰
Click Send feedback
Click Other feedback
Describe your issue or share your ideas
Add a screenshot as directed

Some time ago I found a misplaced bus stop in London (UK) and reported it repeatedly to Google without success. Eventually I discovered the local transit authority (TfL) was sending the wrong positioning data, I then had to convince TfL that their own database was wrong. Around two years after I started the process the map was corrected. Of all the stuff I've done on Maps over the years that was the most thankless task. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Level 9
Level 9
Solution

Bus stops are part of the transit layer and LGs can't add or edit their location, so you will always get denied.

Normally with features that LGs can't edit the best thing to do is send feedback from the map, however my experience with misplaced bus stops is that Google won't/can't do anything about it if the data received is incorrect. It's still worth reporting though:

In the desktop version open the map at the desired location
Click the hamburger icon ☰
Click Send feedback
Click Other feedback
Describe your issue or share your ideas
Add a screenshot as directed

Some time ago I found a misplaced bus stop in London (UK) and reported it repeatedly to Google without success. Eventually I discovered the local transit authority (TfL) was sending the wrong positioning data, I then had to convince TfL that their own database was wrong. Around two years after I started the process the map was corrected. Of all the stuff I've done on Maps over the years that was the most thankless task. Good luck!

Level 5

Somehow or other, I feel that a dartboard is part of the process.

Level 8

Don't waste your time : https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/How-do-I/POI-Questions-about-category-type-subway-ferry-dock-t...

Swiss | Switzerland | Suisse francophone Level 8 : visitez moi Ne passez pas à coté d'un J'AIME et marquer les réponses comme solution. Android|Jean-Luc|Suisse romande|Switzerland french speaking area|Google Maps Local Guide Level 8 https://goo.gl/maps/HuzFUEBbgtt