KimberlyAnnG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Buongiorno Italia! Vengo a trovarti! ~ Kimmy Goes to Italy!!!

Help me Local Guides, you're my only hope!!!!

Heading your way Italy!  :DHeading your way Italy! 😄

Okay, a bit dramatic but I am counting on the strength of my Local Guide Community to come through and help me make my Bucket List visit to Italy everything I could hope for.

Details:

Found a super cheap airfare this morning ($504 round trip) from San Jose to Rome, 1 stop.  I HAD TO BOOK IT!!!!  I'll be arriving in Rome on Saturday April 14th in the early morning.  I fly back out of Rome one week later, Friday April 20th.  That's all I have.....right now!

Google Flights "Flight Tracker" feature is the BEST!!!Google Flights "Flight Tracker" feature is the BEST!!!

I've put together a List on Maps that anyone, that has a great suggestion, can contribute to.  I'll keep the ones that work into my plans (and are of interest to me) and try to visit!!!  You can add to my list here ---> Kimmy Goes to Italy  Any other ideas or tips for my trip can be left below in the comments!  

I'd especially love it if I could meet up with any Local Guides in the areas I visit.  There are a few of my LG Summit 16 & 17 friends, @ermest (tagging not working) and Gianluca Bertoncelli (again, can't even find to tag) that I'd love to see.  Some others that I haven't had the good fortune yet to meet, @LucioV (WOW! I can tag you!) I really hope you can find a spare minute to meet up!!!

JR & Tu are some of my usual cohorts in exploration.  I'm leaving them home, sorry guys!JR & Tu are some of my usual cohorts in exploration. I'm leaving them home, sorry guys!

So here's my beginnings of a plan:

• Flying into and out of Rome, need  to spend two days there, at least.
  • Use high speed trains to explore a bit.  Spend a couple of days traveling to a couple of "Must Do" things.  Spending the nights in something small, local, inexpensive and GOOD!!!
  • Eat all the best local foods!
  • Sample all the best local wines!
  • Enjoy some of the touristy things ~ Vatican and all of the historical stuff I can manage!  
  • Enjoy what the locals love about living there!

So this is my Local Guide Challenge to YOU!  Let's see what you REALLY know 😉  I 100% believe that I can plan and execute a fabulous, fun, cheap trip to Italy and do it all with a Google Maps List!!!!

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

11 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Buongiorno Italia! Vengo a trovarti! ~ Kimmy Goes to Italy!!!

Hi @KimberlyAnnG

I can bet you will love Italy. Can't wait to see your photos here in Connect;). I think @LucioV and @ErmesT might help you here. Check also the Italian Board and explore this  map with the Italian communities

Thanks a lot!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Connect Moderator

Hi @KimberlyAnnG

I was just reading yesterday about a possible trip to Italy. I see now that this is becoming true. What about visiting Venice? Traveling-like-a-Local-Italy-What-to-visit-Venice-Palazzo-Mora/

Of course I can be your Local Guide in there, or in the Veneto area. Do you like wines? Yes I know you do. Interested in a prosecco tour, or in some wonderful red Raboso? Just follow the link in my signature.

Want some suggestions for accommodation? /Traveling-like-a-Local-Italy-Where-to-stay-B&B/

Let me know your idea 

Ermes 

Level 9

@ErmesT wrote:

Hi @KimberlyAnnG

I was just reading yesterday about a possible trip to Italy. I see now that this is becoming true. What about visiting Venice? Traveling-like-a-Local-Italy-What-to-visit-Venice-Palazzo-Mora/

Of course I can be your Local Guide in there, or in the Veneto area. Do you like wines? Yes I know you do. Interested in a prosecco tour, or in some wonderful red Raboso? Just follow the link in my signature.

Want some suggestions for accommodation? /Traveling-like-a-Local-Italy-Where-to-stay-B&B/

Let me know your idea 

Ermes 

YES TO ALL OF IT!  I'll need to figure out logistics but Venice would be very high on my list of "Must See" while visiting....plus I'll get to hang out with you 🙂  Thanks for your links, I will study them 😄

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Connect Moderator

Thanks @KimberlyAnnG

You can have a lot of options, of course. 

Moving a bit south: Naples: @DanielaBP

Is there, and she's a great Local Guides

Medieval experience: North to Rome, on your way to Venice, you will pass through Umbria (Perugia, Assisi, Spoleto, Norcia) for a full immersion in the medieval age. We have an official Local Heroes (I think you remember the video with him and @LucioV) and great TC in there:@manulele81

So, Italy is here, waiting for you. 

I'm avoiding to mention Dolomites for now. 

Ermes 

Level 9

Thanks @ErmesT for suggestion of Umbria!

@KimberlyAnnG contact me via hangout if you plan to see the area near my city, I can show you some interesting think usually hidden!

bye!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @KimberlyAnnG,

One of my favourite places in Italy is Cinque Terre. It's in the northwest of Italy and it's actually 5 coastal villages with colourful buildings, beautiful beaches and nature. I'm sharing a photo found on Google Search, because I don't have mine at the moment:

Image result for cinque terre

For me the best way to see all 5 villages is to travel to La Spezia and then get on a train which takes you to all 5 of them.

Hope you like it!

See you around!

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Super jealous! I was in Italy last year and had a great time. Actually we did a 3 week road trip and saw majority of the northern half (from Rome upwards). Some recommendations;

Rome - 3 days

Tuscany (Florence) - 1 day

Cinque Terre - 2 day

Milan - 1 day

Rome - 1 day

Venice is ok, but Italy has a lot of other nicer options to visit! However if you really would like to go, 1 day is moreeeeeeee than enough! 

Level 10

@KimberlyAnnG! As I wrote you privately, 14th of april is my birthday! So you will be my gift! 🙂

I would love to be your Local-Local Guide for your stay in Rome!

Just let me know how many days and I will try to arrange you some special things to do and to see!

Level 9

@LucioV wrote:

@KimberlyAnnG! As I wrote you privately, 14th of april is my birthday! So you will be my gift! 🙂

I would love to be your Local-Local Guide for your stay in Rome!

Just let me know how many days and I will try to arrange you some special things to do and to see!

Lucio!!!

Time to get my plan together!  Happy Birthday on the 14th!  We'll have some cake!  😄