TheEagleEye's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Bungy Jumping in Sochi, Russia

In October 2017 I did the 4th highest bungy jump in the world (I've also done the 1st and 2nd highest). This one is 207 metres and it was such an awesome experience. The entire Skypark facility is amazing and there are many other activites and a shorter bungy too.

Have a look at images here https://goo.gl/maps/nHGcwhh425q and video here https://youtu.be/Aet3-8TvFqA

Me taking the 207 metre jumpMe taking the 207 metre jump

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Skypark AJ Hackett Sochi, Краснофлотская улица, Kazachiy Brod, Krasnodar Krai, Russia
11 comments
Level 10

Re: Bungy Jumping in Sochi, Russia

Usted es muy atrevido, yo no lo haría ni loco, por cierto y el tercero? @TheEagleEye.

https://gasmountain.com/blog/
FOLLOW ME ON GOOGLE MAPS
https://goo.gl/maps/nTobaEosxkmA1cvq8
Connect Moderator

Wow!! Thanks for the share @TheEagleEye !!

Could you explain what the experience is like? As in, what were you feeling, what was going thru your mind before, during and after? Or maybe describe the first jump if you're used to it by now! 

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Level 10

Hi @AdrianLunsong

Standing on the ledge can be quite scary at first although I have overcome that overtime and also by doing skydiving. You have to convince your mind to do it because the brain is actually telling you not to do it, so the body starts to have a fight (to do or not to do). The actual fall is very relaxing and the body fills with adrenaline and it is like getting high I guess (not that I know what that feels like). Once your've reached the bottom and sprung up and down several times, it is a nice feeling of relief that the bungy cord did its job.

Now you got to try it at least once in your lifetime.

I'm a New Zealander (Kiwi) and currently live in Tauranga. I've previously lived in Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Czech Republic, and England, for a 15 year period. I've travelled to 6 continents and been to 57 countries.
Level 9

It is really cool!

Thank you for sharing your amazing expierence @TheEagleEye!

I think you like this beautiful city Sochi.

Best wishes,

Inga

Connect Moderator

Amazing @TheEagleEye ! I'm afraid, though, there will be no bungy-opportunity during the European Meet-up in Ghent 😁

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 10

@JanVanHaver, thanks. My bungy jumping days are over now.

Connect Moderator

@TheEagleEye It's intriguing for sure.. I'm not sure if I have enough reasons to give it a go!! Lol! Maybe one day!! But for now, I am more than happy to watch others like yourself share the adrenaline rush with the rest of us! 

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Former Google Contributor

Hi @TheEagleEye,

Another great bungy story, thanks for sharing!

I really loved your explanation of how the mind fights your body, that was exactly what I was feeling too. 

I am letting you know that I have relabelled your post to Travel, at it fits better here as a tourist destination. For more information feel free to check out What are Connect topics?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Great jump and courage as always @TheEagleEye!

You said "My bungy jumping days are over now." : I do not want to go into your details, but what are the contraindications in making these types of jumps? Regardless of the courage to jump, it is for all ages or after an age it is better not to overdo it?

Thanks in advance for your reply, 

David