Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bug using mobile site connect

Everything was ok since a week ago but now i can not see the like and all other buttons

Screenshot_2019-01-11-14-52-12-278_com.android.chrome.png

17 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Bug using mobile site connect

@Anonymous, @deepakjhic

In my mobile everyhing is back to normal, also confirmed by @TorM and @helga19. I am merging in here also TorM's post.

What about you @deepakjhic?

View solution in original post

Google Moderator

Hello @Anonymous,

Thank you for reaching out, you can try to clear all the cache and cookies. Then try to logged in again. 

Since what you shared here is more an issue rather than an idea, I am moving it to the How-tos topic label. To learn more about the Idea Exchange, you can read this article How do I use the Idea Exchange?.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @AngieYC it is solved now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AngieYC i am sorry,

it is not fixed i still see half or no buttons.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google Moderator

Hello @Anonymous,

Thank you for bringing this up and we will address this issue. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Thank you @Anonymous. I can confirm the bug in mobile, it started 24 hours ago (I didn't had ther opportunity for reporting it right now @AngieYC) and the solution is not to clear cache and restart the phone.

I made some test so I can give you more details.

It appears on the main post only, in the mobile version of Connect. 

The container of the buttons (like and menu), is shifted down and, if the post have also a position (maps) the buttons are hidden under the map.

I will edit this reply with mobile, adding two screenshot, the first one while the page is loading, and the second one with the buttons hidden under the map.

My phone is a Huawei P10 with Android 8.0.0 updated a few days ago and Chrome version 71.0.3578.99

EDIT WITH MOBILE for adding the screenshots

Screenshot 1 - the buttons are visible, far away below the postScreenshot 1 - the buttons are visible, far away below the post

Screenshot 2, with the map covering the buttonsScreenshot 2, with the map covering the buttons

Connect Moderator

Cannot give Kudos to the main post, when the post is open.

Hello, 

Since around one week I cannot kudo anymore a post, when I have opened it... ONLY the comments and in case I see the post on the main screen.... 

Can someone check this please? 

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Connect Moderator

Re: Cannot give Kudos to the main post, when the post is open.

Hi @TorM

there is an issue in mobile, that is affecting probably some version of Android. The issue has been already escalated. Please read: Bug using mobile site connect. Are you having the same experience? if so, please confirm.

Can you also give some detail about your operating system and your browser?

I have temporary by-passed the issue switching in "desktop mode" for accessing the lower area of the post

Level 9

Hie #ermest @Anonymous @AngieYC,

Count my vote in this. In morning I was reading a post shared by our connect moderator #StephenAbraham and I found this. I was thinking about to start a new thread but thanks to @ErmesT.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.