cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Bug after "add a missing place"

Hi all,

I have this problem:

After a new place was aproved, I went to my edits and noticed this place, which is showed that it was created by me, is totally different from that I really added. It has a different name, a different category, a different address and,even worse, a different position, further than the position that I marked.

Until now I added 4 places with the same problem.

9 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Bug after "add a missing place"

Hello @KevinRojasB you mean checking it immediately after you added it, or a few days later? Perhaps you can make a screenshot of the data you enter when creating another new place, taken just before you submit, and then make another screenshot of what actually is published.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 7

Hi @JanVanHaver,

Yes, it happened immediately after I added it.

This is what I submitted:first.png

And this is the result: then1.png

then.png

Thank you for your reply :)!

Connect Moderator

Getting the pin location correct is not always easy - I have also noticed that the algorithm seems to put it in a place that corresponds to the location stored in the map for that address, not necessarily in the exact location that I entered (using satellite view). 

I'm not sure what you mean with 'different category' as I see ATM in all screenshots. But I do wonder what could have caused your name entry 'BCP ATM' to be published as 'ATM BCP' - never seen anything like that. And about the address: I assume the ATM is in (the front wall of) a building? Could you try adding the house number of that building when attempting to correct the pin location?

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 7

It is difficult to know the house number because people in this part of my city get used to another way to name each house. Thus many places created in this zone does not have house number or use "s/n" which it means "without number". So i did not want to put fake information in order to get points (There are many places created around this zone with a lot of mistakes. It is a mess!!!).

However, I think you are right about the pin location. Perhaps, Google make this in order to avoid duplication when I select the address that suggests me.

Level 10

Hi @KevinRojasB,

It appears that the pin location of the ATM you added is at/near a branch of a nearby BCP (Banco de Crédito del Perú) bank.  (1) Do you know if there is an ATM at the location the pin "went to" -- the (near) location of the bank? (From the street view it looks like there is.

(2) Is the ATM location you tried to add in the Listo Market?

Nearly all of the BCP banks ATMs (I saw) are named "BCP ATM".  That could be why the bot changed the naming -- although as @JanVanHaver mentioned, I've not seen a name correction by a bot before.

Level 7

Hi @MapWrangler,

Yes, There are ATMs in both places, BCP Bank and Listo Market, but The ATM which i wanted to add was the one inside Listo Market because the one inside the BCP Bank was already created.

I created it again and this is what happened:next.png

I think I found a way to have extra points 😅😅, but they constantly check and the points are refreshed days later.

This happened to me 4 times and is when a company has 2 locals near to each other.

Level 10

Hi @KevinRojasB,

>> There are ATMs in both places, BCP Bank and Listo Market, but The ATM which i wanted to add

>> was the one inside Listo Market because the one inside the BCP Bank was already created.

So does that mean that after a Google bot moved your pin location to the BCP bank, there are now duplicate ATM listings at that bank location?  If so, I would suggest trying to delete (as "Does Not Exist") the ATM you created that was moved by the bot.

>> I created it again and this is what happened:
 I can't really tell from your screenshot what happened, as I can't see/don't know the pin location for the POI you "created again".  Is it at the correct location (inside Listo Market)?  or is it, too, at the bank (creating another duplicate)?

>> This happened to me 4 times and is when a company has 2 locals near to each other.
I'm not sure what you are saying.  Did another Local Guide also create ATMs at either of those locations?  Are there now even more duplicates?  As it takes time for the map to display the new additions, I can't tell from the map ; )

Level 7

Hi @MapWrangler,

>>So does that mean that after a Google bot moved your pin location to the BCP bank, there are now duplicate ATM listings at that bank location? 

>>If so, I would suggest trying to delete (as "Does Not Exist") the ATM you created that was moved by the bot.

No, It gives me the credit as I am the one who created the ATM which i was already created by another LG. It does not create another ATM.

>> I can't really tell from your screenshot what happened, as I can't see/don't know the pin location for the POI you "created again".

>> Is it at the correct location ?? (inside Listo Market)?  or is it, too, at the bank (creating another duplicate)?

I tried to create again inside Listo Market, but it happened the same. it never creates a duplicate.

>>I'm not sure what you are saying.  Did another Local Guide also create ATMs at either of those locations? 

>>Are there now even more duplicates?  As it takes time for the map to display the new additions, I can't tell from the map ; )

Not only with ATMs, it also happened with a pharmacy and a convenience store. And they are not duplicates.

Level 10

Hi @KevinRojasB,

>> I tried to create again inside Listo Market, but it happened the same.

I would suggest creating the ATM using the same address as Listo Market and then move the pin away from the corner of the two streets to where you want it.

You might also want to clean up the location of the ATM near the bank by moving the pin to the location of the bank building.

It's interesting to me that Banco de Crédito del Perú (BCP) hasn't claimed and managed their listings through Google My Business.