JohnPeter's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Bug: duplicate/ closed location reporting

Dear all,

I feel it is permitted to invite the attention of like-minded LGs to consider the "Idea Exchange" as many ideas goes un-noticed, as per what I have seen. 

I request Our firnds LGs @Saravanakanth@Lambertwinston@MohanVee@NandKK @NareshDarji @TPattanaik @Safdarrai @deepakjhic @ShafiulB @rajuroyal,

to circulate ideas which are acceptable to you, in your circle (social media), please

Thanks

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 7

Thanks you and  i hope all lg agree with us @JohnPeter @TravellerG because regular problem.

https://www.facebook.com/chandan.shrivastav.940
https://www.instagram.com/chandanshrivastavofficial
Level 9

Dear Google team, As I was reporting a duplicated location, I had two issue.
1. After reporting duplication, I was ask to rate the duplication. This also happening with closed location. There is no point in giving review or rate to permanently closed place.

Hie @JohnPeter

I'm sorry but your thread is not fully clear to me. 

In first case you wanted to say that; when you reported a place as duplicate google maps ask you to review that place(if yes). It looks like you visited that place in past or you're there when you are reporting the same. I'm confused about the edit made by you, as per your post the edited listing is duplicate of other listing but the edit suggested by you is Does not exits. I am sure after successful edit there will be no such pop-up for you or others. 

About points:- As mentioned in this page (Please note your points and level can take up to 24 hours to update. Points do not expire, though they may decrease if content is removed for violating our policies. Remain an active contributor on Google Maps to be eligible for perks and early access to new features.)

2. I am also facing issue with duplicated location marking. Now I am getting only three suggest location and forth NONE OF THE ABOVE. if I get map option like before will be easier.

In second case you can choose the last option if the place you're looking is not available. After a review on nearby places team will merge it with most suitable/duplicate listing. 

As mentioned by you, on top of your post;

As I was reporting a duplicated location, I had two issue.

You're facing issues on maps with few listings. I think this post is most suitable in How-tos board.

@TravellerG Thanks for the tag.

Thank you

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Former Google Contributor

Hi @JohnPeter,

Thanks for sharing.

I'm going to move your idea to How-tos topic section, as it fits better there. 

Idea exchange is a place on Connect for Local Guides to share their feedback and ideas with our team to tell us about a way to improve the Local Guides program.

To learn more about the Idea Exchange, you can read this article How do I use the Idea Exchange?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 9

Hie @Petra_M,

Thank you very much for for clarifying the idea board. I was thinking about to post "Split the Feedback Board". After reading your post I've changed my mind and will post feedback in idea section. 

Idea exchange is a place on Connect for Local Guides to share their feedback and ideas with our team to tell us about a way to improve the Local Guides program.

Thank you very much. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.