JohnPeter's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Bug: Ask to rate while reporting a duplicate/ closed location

Dear Google team, 

As I was reporting a duplicated location and a closed location, I had two issue. 

1. After reporting a closed location,  I was ask to rate that closed location.  (This also happening with duplicate reported location)   There is no point in giving review or rate to permanently closed place that we try to report. This place does not existThis place does not exist

2. Another issue I am  facing with duplicated location marking.  Now I am getting only three suggest location and forth NONE OF THE ABOVE. if I get map option like before will be easier. Only three option they all my last visited place not close to the location I have marketOnly three option they all my last visited place not close to the location I have market

Looking for Local Guides,  moderators and Google team suggestions.  Thanks 

John Peter 

14 comments
Level 9

Re: Bug: duplicate/ closed location reporting

It's a serious issue, Dear google Team Please Look in to this issue.

Level 9

• Yes correct! As John Peter said there is no use of giving rate for permanently closed place. Because the reting is mean for the particular place. Updates and enhacenments are to make the steps more easier and to reduce the time of action. But this is not making sense. Because a very useful option is removed from the queue while using the option suggesting an edit.

to strive, to seek, to find, and and not to yield,
Jose G Benjamin
Continue Guiding...

Level 10

Namskar..

@JohnPeter

Thanks for Sharing this regular Problem..

I agree with you.. because I face the same..

Regards From Mumbai..

Connect Moderator

@JohnPeter, I am confused... the place is permanently closed on the map, but you're marking it as a duplicate of other features?  Can you explain more what you were trying to accomplish?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

concern no.1 i think even

• - the place is just closed a few hours ago so its still appearing on the maps or
  • - you search for the place by its exact name or you have it on your saved list so its appearing to you not public on the maps you know what am saying removed or closed places does not appear on maps.

also i dont see any suggestion here to vote for
    i think your post must be on the dicussion section  not here  
Join our Egypt Local Guides Community Egypt Local Guides
Level 10

Dear @Flash, it's a two different places and two different issues.

If you see my photos attached 

First photo:  place permanently closed - (theatre) 

Second photo: duplication.  (Memorial) 

Level 10

Dear @Flash,  I was trying to report the place which was closed and another place which has duplication.  

1. While reporting closed place at the end I was asked to rate

2. While reporting the duplication,  I could not get the correct location. Instead it showing some other three locations I have visited. 

Level 10

Dear @AbdullazizA

You didn't get my point.  I am only reporting the closed place,  while reporting I was asked to rate the place.  My point here is what is the use of giving rating to a closed place. ( no matter of recently closed or long back) 

Level 10

Hi dear @Flash & @JohnPeter & @AbdullazizA

I too had similar situation:

1. Asking me to rate a "CLOSED PLACE" place, at the end of the reporting steps of a location, which is marked as 'Duplicate'. 

2. I was getting invalid options (prompts), under  "Choose the Duplicate" - ie. I was not able to REPORT the correct "DUPLICATE" name to Google, as I did not have an option, to select the right duplicate.

3. I differ with @JohnPeter (Sorry): 

We don't want 'none of the above' option, if reporting the right duplicate option is available; but, if an option to report the exact duplicate location is not permitted, then 'None of the above' is valid option.

Conclusion:

What we need:

1. Don't ask LGs to 'RATE A CLOSED LOCATION'.

2. Give us 'OPTION'  to "SEARCH & REPORT" the duplicate NAME, as seen in the Google MAP (& not none of the above).

Hope it is clear, friends.

Thanks

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me