Phunky's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

BrewPubs 360 Barcelona, Spain - Over 45 Beers, Tapas Food Pairing, 3 locations

360 from a beer glass. Group photo360 from a beer glass. Group photo

This Saturday we did a super fun 360 review showcase in Barcelona's brew pubs. We attended 3 / 5 of the planned route. We mainly shot photos, but we did a few videos as well. Finally we chose an extra venue (not a brew pub) but which had a 5 year anniversary. 

What we loved 

The tech is very new, and from the public and attendees alike, a vast majority asked what we were doing, how does it work, what is that thing etc. Attendees asked the same thing. There is a lot of mystery behind it, but it is a lot more simpler. @Laofdez loved using video and a high selfie stick, while I preferred more lower level shots and a small tripod

This is pretty cool - I think 360's haven't reached saturation (like drones) on the market or attracted too much negative media interest. 

Using a 360 was a source of amusement, wonder and intrigue in the group. @Phunky and @Laofdez had a 360 camera face-off (joke) (below)

360 Face-off360 Face-off

ROUTE MISSION

• What we promised:
    Explore 4+ brew pubs, take photos, 360 photos and videos, showcase the Theta V to local guides. Explore & discover new things, meet new friends.
  • What was delivered:
    We went to the most interesting bars taking a variety of food and beer. The idea was to do food pairing, which didn't really happen. I think most of us were hungry and any food was good with beer ?

Some of the things we Ate and Drank

The Olives were very popularThe Olives were very popularArtichoke hearts less popularArtichoke hearts less popularFirst beer and funFirst beer and fun

HummusHummusVege BurgerVege BurgerMeat and Cheese SandwichMeat and Cheese SandwichThai Wrap ThingThai Wrap ThingPatatas BravasPatatas Bravas

Who came along:

@Phunky @Laofdez @Jujuju, Jordi Lopez, Daniel Sanchez

ROUTE TAKEN

• Humble Beer Carrer del Rosselló, 185, 08036 Barcelona Maps: https://goo.gl/6MiGbY
  • Mikkeller Bar Barcelona, Carrer de València, 202, 08011 Barcelona
  • Garage Beer Co Carrer del Consell de Cent, 261, 08011 Barcelona Map: https://goo.gl/XChTJw
  • Kop de mà, Carrer de Riego, 4, 08014 Barcelona:  5th Year Bar Anniversary
    https://goo.gl/jBr4BM
18 comments
Level 7

Re: BrewPubs 360 Barcelona, Spain - Over 45 Beers, Tapas Food Pairing, 3 locations

Hi local guides!

I have to say it was my first time at an event like this and I had a great time, so I would definitely attend more meet-ups. I may even organise one myself. So thanks @Phunky for the organisation and the inspiration!

A 360 picture taken from a monopod in he heights.A 360 picture taken from a monopod in he heights.

The selection of pubs was perfect, not only because of the wide range of quality beers and  tasty tapas, but for the cool atmosphere. Besides, it was great to be able to share doubts and experience with the 360 the camera and the streetview app. There are still so many things to explore and solve. As @Phunky suggested in his post, we are still at a very early stage with 360º photography, so people feel curious when you use it, and I just feel I want to know more and improve my pictures. I wonder where I can get more information.

@FaridTDF, hay algún protocolo o guía sobre las fotos 360º que subimos a StreetView?

Muchas gracias y saludos a todos desde Barcelona!

Check the original 360 photographs here.Showing how the camera app works.Showing how the camera app works.

Former Google Contributor

Re: BrewPubs 360 Barcelona, Spain - Over 45 Beers, Tapas Food Pairing, 3 locations

Hey @Phunky,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! Sounds like you had a brilliant time and I think @TorM would agree.

Looking forward to your future meet-ups! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

@Phunky and @Laofdez !

fantastic recap! This is fun to read and great that we found together via this community. I would have loved to join you.... 😉🍺🍺😉

In Spain is as well a lot of sun, so in the morning no one is discovered such quickq😎😎😎

@AlexaAC, I see I need to take care what I post here, otherwise I‘m the party and pub person 😉

In fact I have been in Kraków last weekend and the party was such long that ...E352E553-5314-4F7F-B020-BEEB94C01B02.jpeg

We have Thursday a Party Meetup in Heilbronn. I will try to write such a good recap like you 👍

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r

No worries @TorM😁 

As long as you're having fun and sharing it with people that appreciate you. 

We enjoy your recaps and look forward to your next one! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

@Laofdez please post the 360 faceoff, and some of the crazy 360 videos you did. They were cool. Many thanks for coming. The vibe was cool and I too learned quite a bit. Hey the small tripod I used was this one from Amazon for 8 euros. https://www.mediamarkt.es/es/product/_hama-hama-004064mini-tripode-ball-l-1098882.html 

Many thanks for adding some really funny and great photos of the event! I've had some more ideas and I'm making a list of places. I also PM'd you somewhere else 😛

Level 9

@AlexaAC The small orange local guide flags we swagged from CL 2018 😛 are really useful to identify a group of local guides at meet-ups. I wish there was a way to mark in the event who turned up, as we had sign ups and no-shows. Equally we had no-sign ups who turned up :-D. 

Can't wait to meet up @Laofdez again. We spoke another event, with @Laofdez going to organise it.

Level 5

Hola, me gusto mucho tu post. Conoces el Pub Michael Collins. Good food, drink and in a old style. 

Level 9

@LeliA The idea was to visit pubs which have beer products seen as stereotypically Irish, i.e: having ales, stouts, porters but made locally in Barcelona / Catalonia. Beer sold by Michael Collins, George Payen, Ryans are industrially produced (international) beers. Plus the beer types they offer are very limited. Many BrewPubs also use a lot of 'local' produce. The first bar we went to had a lot more local produced tapas. 

More than 50% of the Barcelona BrewPubs we visited on Saturday are zero KM - so 'cool' in accord to Local Guides 'doing good'. Sadly one was closed and another we didn't have time to visit. The last was improvised and wasn't in the official meet up. Otherwise it'd have been 80% of zero KM produce. They are produced locally by small firms. I know that Edge Brewery now has a bar. It's next to the On-line University of Catalonia, you can see both how it is made next to their bar.  

I plan to visit a few more next time. I'll tag you so you know about the event 😄

Hey @Phunky,

I agree it would be handy to have a sign up feature for meet-ups. What you could do, is submit your request via Idea Exchange. 🙂