IshantHP_ig's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Bread Pakora, a type of Indian Snack

Caption: Bread pakora cutting in some pieces place in a white plate with some sauce.Caption: Bread pakora cutting in some pieces place in a white plate with some sauce.

Bread Pakora is a type of Indian snack which is famous all over India and some neighbouring countries of India like Nepal, Bhutan etc. It's famous due to its salty and spicy nature which is generally eaten in India in breakfast with tea and coffee however it's mandatory you can eat it with soft drinks and alone too. Due to its unique taste this food is quite popular in youth and senior citizens too.

It's made with two halves pieces of Bread (any type of bread) which is cut by knief in symmetry and then sandwitching the paste of Potatoes and some spices in it. And then finally fry in oil or any type of refined oil.

Chamba, Himachal Pradesh, India
23 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Bread Pakora, a type of Indian Snack

Hi @IshantHP_ig,

Thanks for sharing this meal with us! Is this something that you like to make for you every day or it is made just for the holidays? It seems delicious to me and I have never tried something like this. Can you please tell me what type of spices you put with the patatoes? I hope it's not that spicy.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hello @IshantHP_ig,

Thank you for sharing, looks crispy and delicious. The cuisine is always a good option to discover a new place. I saw that there is a kind of sauce in the plate, do you put it on the bread before eating it? 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 9

Actually i purchase it with a shop near my house but we can prepare it in our home also and its salty in taste, now i am sharing the different ingredients which is used in filling inside the bread. 

It contains the crushed boiled potatoes paste* with salt, red chilly powder, cumin seed powder, cumin seed, coriander seed powder, coriander seeds, some sliced onions and sliced green chilly. All these ingredientswe have to mix with crushed boiled potatoes paste* .

And then fill the slurry inside the bread and then fry in oil 🙂

@KatyaL

Hi @IshantHP_ig,

Thanks a lot for taking your time to sending me the ingredients. I will try it out at home, but I'll probably avoid using chilli as my family is not eating so much spicy food. Otherwise, I really like the idea of the potato paste with different spices.

I hope to see more of your delicious food here on Connect and wish you a great start of the new year!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 9

It's not an issue:) if you avoid chilly powder then you can try it without using chilly. But in India chilly is added in every snack because we love spicy food;)

You can check more stories on my profile i have shared everything there. 😉

And thanks a lot for your advance wishes of New year and wish you a Happy new year to you and your family, be happy stay blessed:)

Welcome in India:) @KatyaL

Level 8

Wow... mouth watering .... 

Level 8

Hi @KatyaL , 

Bread Pakora is a occasional snacks. It is up to you how much/less spice(s) you use. 

Bread, Potato paste and salt are main content.
☺☺☺