ChiepSophy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Braised Pork Shoulder & egg​​ with Khmer Pickled mustard green

Braised Pork Shoulder  & egg​​ with  Khmer Pickled mustard greenBraised Pork Shoulder & egg​​ with Khmer Pickled mustard greenIt's almost Time for our lunch. So, we're making one of the traditional dish Khmer Braised Pork with Eggs.  It's also called Pork and Egg Stew or Caramelized Pork and Eggs. We usually make this dish for the Chinese New Year as it can be kept for a few days as we should not do any cooking for three New Year days ? (good luck with that nowadays). We also make this recipe as it's very easy for you to eat since the meat is really tender. The main ingredients are pork and boiled eggs. We usually use pork with little/no fat when cooking for our kids, but traditionally, people would use pork Shoulder, belly or pork leg. The two then are stewed with coconut juice until really tender.

Sophy
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
6 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Braised Pork Shoulder & egg​​ with Khmer Pickled mustard green

This is another delicacy of yours @ChiepSophy. It looks like you are quite proficient at preparing all those kinds of delicious and great-looking dishes. Is it a hobby of yours?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi @ChiepSophy,

It looks super yummy, thanks for sharing.

Do you want to tell us the recipe, I thinks it`s easy to prepare?

PS.: As you`ve mentioned the Chinese New Year, you could tell us a bit more about it. I`m sure all the Local Guides are interested about that.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @Petra_M

Thank you for your advice, this is an Ingredients: Serves 6 pax Some cooking oil 2 pieces of cinnamon bark 2 pieces of star anise 1 teaspoon of white peppercorn 1/2 teaspoon of cloves 1 bulb of garlic w/ skin on 4 slices of ginger 2 pig knuckles 10g of rock sugar 1 piece of bay leaf 2 cups of Chinese white rice wine 1/2 cup of low sodium light soy sauce 1 cup of premium dark soy sauce Top the pot up with enough water to cover the pig trotters 1 teaspoon of salt

Sophy

Thank you @ChiepSophy, it sounds easy so I`m going to try it.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!

Just one more question @ChiepSophy, do you like combining this with rice or with noodles? Which one is the better version?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Hi @TsekoV

Thank you for your question, actually we always enjoy our lunch time with steam rice is better, because this foods favor is sweet and salty combination together. 

Sophy