PrestonAZTXMN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Borobudur

This is a unique Buddhist temple built in the 9th century. It was abandoned in the 14th century, but rediscovered in 1815 by Sir Thomas Raffles. It is a UNESCO World Heritage sight, & very well worth visiting.Temple from a distance. HOT!Temple from a distance. HOT!72 Buddha statues within a perforated stupa on the top72 Buddha statues within a perforated stupa on the topA magnificent structure undergoing a tedious restorationA magnificent structure undergoing a tedious restorationMe at the top after a strenuous climb. The "skirt" was required as this is still a sacred site to the Buddhists.Me at the top after a strenuous climb. The "skirt" was required as this is still a sacred site to the Buddhists.

Borobudur, Magelang, Central Java, Indonesia
15 comments
Level 9

Re: Semarang Borobudur

Nice photos @PrestonAZTXMN

Thank you for sharing

Connect Moderator

@PrestonAZTXMN Very cool! I had a chance to visit Borobudur a few times in the past and always enjoyed my visit. Just curious why you put the title 'Semarang Borobudur' for your post, considering they're not really close to each other?

Level 8

You are correct. Semarang was the port where our cruise ship landed. I would edit the title if I knew how. (?)

Thanks

Connect Moderator

Hi @PrestonAZTXMN - You can edit your post to change the subject or body of your post. From your post, look to the left side, and you should see a few options like the image below

lg_edit.PNG

If you click on the 3 dots, there should be an option to edit your post. After that, it should be explanatory, but let me know if you're still have trouble changing your subject line 🙂

Level 10

Bls: Semarang Borobudur

Hallo @PrestonAZTXMN , @iyudhi

Borobudur entered the region of Magelang, Central Java. Semarang is another city quite far from Magelang.
I made a post about the temple, please click here: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Candi-Bukti-Peradaban-masa-lalu-yang-menakj...

Level 10

Pak @iyudhi @PrestonAZTXMN

Borobudur near the city of Yogyakarta, people often call Borobudur Magelang Yogyakarta. But actually Borobudur entered the province of Central Java.

Level 8

@kasiyanta@

I edited the title. Thanks for your input.

Level 10

Hallo @PrestonAZTXMN

I have been to Borobudur several times. One province's residence.

Level 8

@kasiyanta Excellent! It was quite an experience for me. 

Cheers!