MauricioGrasser's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Black List on Google Maps??

I think I got into some sort of black list of Google maps because a while back, a lot of my edits have been declined. I confess that most of the editions I make are to close places that do not exist. Usually editions that were abandoned by users who added some places without the correct address and place got somewhere absurd or companies that replicate the same place indefinite times to increase the searches.

Is there a black list on Googe Maps? Should I violate any rule should I not be outcast ?

Or someone else is having denials of more than 80% of editions ?

Mauricio Grasser
10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Black List on Google Maps??

@Felixlix45

Receiving rejections from the system for your contributions like "NOT APPLIED", does not indicate you are banned from the program. The way  I understand it, people that are banned are no longer able to login to Connect and are being notified.

What we are discussing here is the trust rating. The more good edits you make, the faster the system will accept your edits. Lots of poor edits will result in a poor "trust rating", which means your edits will often go to a verification job queue and is pending for some time. 

In case your edits get automatically rejected immediately, you need to look into your own behavior (how and what are you editing where) and the quality of the data you are trying to add. 

Please post your individual contribution case studies that are causing your trouble on the Mapping My World forum here on connect. There are experienced, expert, Local Guides and ex Regional Leads that can help you figure out why a particular contribution is being rejected.

View solution in original post

Level 6

i don't know about blacklist but you can wait for some time and you account will work normal.

Level 8

Hi @MauricioGrasser,

Yes, Google is keeping a score in the background related to the quality of your edits. In other words, the more valid quality edits you make, the higher your "trust score" and the faster your edits get approved. 

There are all kinds of data that Google checks and keeps track off when verifying one's edits. Your location and the fact if the place you are editing is on your timeline is one of them. If you spam, you get blocked, but if you do lot's of bad edits or your behavior is unusual (read potentially suspicious), the system may take the view that it rather rejects your contribution than taking the risk of making an invalid edit live.

So to clarify, even if I had a very high trust score, my edits to places in Hong Kong, (never been close to the place) would be suspicious. Whilst a similar edit might be approved immediately on my own turf, that edit would most certainly end up in a pending queue for manual verification.

Perhaps you should try to behave more like a model Local Guide and gain more trust from the system 😉

For example, when you submit a photo with opening hours (proof is in the photo) that you have taken at the front door (with GPS tracking active), does your edit also receive the NOT APPLIED?

Level 8

P.S.

It goes without saying, but better to invest some time in learning the rules than to be sorry.

Level 8

Yes, I have heard LGs got banned from Connect, the LGs program for various reasons, rightfully or wrongly.

If one suspect their account is being banned wrongly, please tag our Google Moderator so that they can investigate.

Level 10

@JeroenM wrote:

Hi @MauricioGrasser,

Yes, Google is keeping a score in the background related to the quality of your edits. In other words, the more valid quality edits you make, the higher your "trust score" and the faster your edits get approved. 

There are all kinds of data that Google checks and keeps track off when verifying one's edits. Your location and the fact if the place you are editing is on your timeline is one of them. If you spam, you get blocked, but if you do lot's of bad edits or your behavior is unusual (read potentially suspicious), the system may take the view that it rather rejects your contribution than taking the risk of making an invalid edit live.

So to clarify, even if I had a very high trust score, my edits to places in Hong Kong, (never been close to the place) would be suspicious. Whilst a similar edit might be approved immediately on my own turf, that edit would most certainly end up in a pending queue for manual verification.

Perhaps you should try to behave more like a model Local Guide and gain more trust from the system 😉

For example, when you submit a photo with opening hours (proof is in the photo) that you have taken at the front door (with GPS tracking active), does your edit also receive the NOT APPLIED?

Well said @JeroenM 👍

Level 8

Thanks @HelloSamsonR

Level 8

Thanks @JeroenM

Your response is consistent and explains a change in behavior. I was hunting some fake companies and I closed many fake places in various locations where I've never been and following the standard and insightful search information and somehow I knew I could be kicked out because for automated analysis it's difficult to complete this despite That no one has ever interacted with these places, but my conscience is calm because I know that I did a good job of cleaning the region on Maps.

I'll take some time to edit the Local Guide and make only comments and photos for now.

Mauricio Grasser
Level 6

@YK1001 wrote:

Yes, I have heard LGs got banned from Connect, the LGs program for various reasons, rightfully or wrongly.

If one suspect their account is being banned wrongly, please tag our Google Moderator so that they can investigate.

And how could I tag one of them (Google Moderator) because I think i've been banned wrongly, can't even make edits, always instantly got "NOT APPLLIED" and "Your edit's couldn't be verified"

EDIT :
I figured it out of my self, and maybe @JeslynL or @TraciC can help me what happen with my account?

Thank you

Yes it's me
Level 8
Solution

@Felixlix45

Receiving rejections from the system for your contributions like "NOT APPLIED", does not indicate you are banned from the program. The way  I understand it, people that are banned are no longer able to login to Connect and are being notified.

What we are discussing here is the trust rating. The more good edits you make, the faster the system will accept your edits. Lots of poor edits will result in a poor "trust rating", which means your edits will often go to a verification job queue and is pending for some time. 

In case your edits get automatically rejected immediately, you need to look into your own behavior (how and what are you editing where) and the quality of the data you are trying to add. 

Please post your individual contribution case studies that are causing your trouble on the Mapping My World forum here on connect. There are experienced, expert, Local Guides and ex Regional Leads that can help you figure out why a particular contribution is being rejected.