antosmaman's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Biryani Lovers - Post the photo of the Biryanis you have eaten or you known.

History of Biryani and some famous Biryanis

Hello everyone, how many of you are Biriyani  lovers. Here is some details and history of Biriyani and some famous Biriyanis  available in India

1.jpg

Biryani is a South Asian mixed rice dish of the Indian subcontinent. It is popular throughout the Indian subcontinent and among the diaspora from the region. It is made with spices, rice and meat (chicken, mutton, beef, prawn, or fish) or egg is also added.

The exact origin of the dish is uncertain. In North India, different varieties of biryani are available. In South India, where rice is more widely used as a staple food, several distinct varieties of biryani emerged from Andrapradesh (specifically Hyderabad), Tamil Nadu, Kerala (Malabar), and Karnataka

According to historian Lizzie Collingham, the modern biryani developed in the royal kitchens of the Mughal Empire  as a confluence of the native spicy rice dishes of India and the Persian Pulav .Some peoples  believes that the dish originated in Persia, and was brought to India by the Mughals. However, another theory claims that the dish was known in India before the first Mughal emperor Babur came to India. Some of our historic documents states that the word "biryani" is of older usage in India. Anyway almost all biryanis tastes awesome . These are some biriyanies of India and their specialty .

Mughlal Biryani – Meat cooked in rich spices

Lucknow Biryani – Kless spicy, for those with a milder palate

Kashmeeri Biryani – Addition of asafotoedia

Kolkata Biryani – Known for the use of potato

Bombay Biryani – Typically sweeter

Hyderabadi Biriyani – extremely spicy

Bengalooru Biriyani – cooked with coriander & mint leaves

Malabar Biryani – Light & Aromatic

Dindugal Biryani – unique taste & spicy aroma

There are so many biryanis are available in different part of world.  Post the name , detail  and the photo of the biryanis  you have eaten.

@Sariga , @JustinAlex , @StephenAbraham 

19 comments
Level 8

Re: Biryani Lovers - Post the photo of the Biryanis you have eaten or you known.

@antosmaman

I love biriyani it's just delicious 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

Your post increase my hunger 😂😂

Thanks for your post osuum photo and great information 

I personally love Hyderabadi​ biriyani

🤤🤤🤤

Level 8

Re: Biryani Lovers - Post the photo of the Biryanis you have eaten or you known.

@ayann Also kerala biriyanis ( Kozhikkodan biryani, Thalasseri biryani ) are awesome 

Level 10

@antosmaman Aniyaaaaa.. 🙂 .. last time I was there, we didn't get much chance to eat anything.. 🙂  We will try next time.. we must find a good Biryani in Kollam.. 🙂

There was an older post about Biryani in Kerala here... just appending.. https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Share-a-great-Biryani-Briyani-place-near-yo...

*From previous post*

I have been to many places serving pretty decent Biryani, and sometimes, it is the hidden or relatively unknown places that surprises me.  

I have been travelling through Malabar coast over a month ago and have passed through Kannur, Thalassery which boasts some pretty good BIryani. However, my hidden gem of a wonderful Biryani was actually found in Fort Kochi area. It is an unassuming place, smallish restaurant but always ever packed with people throughout the day. 

Kayees Rahmathulla Cafe, കായേസ് രഹമതുള്ള കഫെ (https://goo.gl/maps/oMts173ZXLt), is located not too far from the ferry terminal in Fort Kochi, Kerala. They are great for both their beef and chicken biryani, lots of variations provided. The specialty is also their very flavorful puli inji with dates which they make in-house, which means tamarind ginger chutney (the dark brown sauce in the condiment photo below). The rice is wonderfully flavored with very aromatic spices which I don't find in most other restaurants, and the condiments work so well with the rice. When you get here, be ready for a long queue. Prices are really reasonable, I remembered paying about INR 160 for a chicken Biryani which is about USD 2.50

What's your secret Biryani place? 

Small unassuming restaurantSmall unassuming restaurant

Served with papadam, puli inji (with dates), raita and picklesServed with papadam, puli inji (with dates), raita and pickles

Extremely flavorful riceExtremely flavorful rice

Best eaten with all condimentsBest eaten with all condiments

And just sharing @antosmaman's super bike Royal Enfield and my wonderful opportunity to ride with my brother.. 🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@antosmaman you started very great topic, i am also one the lovers of Biryani, sure will share photos whenever it will be possible, reply comments are very interesting

Regards

Ata Ur Rehman

Level 8

@Anonymous Thanks , I'm glad to met a Biryani Lover. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@antosmaman yes dear glad to see you all Biryani lovers here 😍😊👍

Level 8

@StephenAbraham 
stephen chettoooo nexttime, when you come , nummakk pwolikaaam. 

Level 8

👍👍👍👍👍

Level 8

Kozhikoden biriyani is famous for it's taste, smell,. Here is a photo of Biriyani from Hotel Rahmath, Calicut (one of the best). Beef biriyani of Rahmath and Chicken biriyani of Paragon, Mutton biriyani of Bombay Hotel is the best in Calicutimg-20161231-172215-largejpg.jpg