ManojDubey's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Bhopal – A city in the heart of India

I want to tell you all about my city; the city of lakes- Bhopal situated in the heart of India, Madhya Pradesh. My city is blessed with enormous number of lakes.Bhopal_City_Lakes.jpg

I have spent more than 30 years of my life in Bhopal. The reason I’m writing a story about my city is because whenever I tell someone about where I’m from! Then suddenly they react ‘oh! Bhopal Gas tragedy’ I want to take it as an opportunity to share that Bhopal is much more beautiful than that.

Bhopal is carrying so many historical places, natural beauty and religious places in it.

Some of them I personally love includes ‘Van Vihar’ it’s kind of a zoo but what makes it different is it’s like a mini jungle located on the bank of upper lake where animals lives in their natural habitat.

Another places which are worth mentioning are ‘Tribal Museum’ and ‘Mankind Museum’ It would be injustice to call them merely a Museum it’s an anthropology museums it presents an integrated story of the evolution of man and Indian culture, it clearly depicts the life of local tribes of India.

Bhembethka – the rock shelters declared as a world heritage by UNESCO gives a unique experience as you get to see a life of a man more than 30,000 years ago through Stone Age paintings. It’s a home to more than 500 caves and rock shelters, all of them adorned with paintings. Natural colours are used in it which ensures that the paintings gets better with the time. The rich verdant and scenic beauty of the caves with leave you spellbound.Bhimbetka.jpg

Sanchi is another wonder and world heritage that my city gives.its one of the oldest Buddhist monuments build in 3rd century BCE by the Emperor Ashoka.sanchi1.jpg

I would like to end it here as Bhopal is a like a treat to me its much more than just a city of lakes, the statue of ‘Raja Bhoj, amidst of beautiful upper lake, narrating the saga of its greatness and beauty.raja bhoj3.jpg

There is much more to say about my city, the more you unravel this city the more you will fall in love with it.

Manoj
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India