SunPanupong's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Best spots to see cherry blossoms in Tokyo

Season of cherry blossom a.k.a Sakura is nearly coming to Tokyo where regarded as one of the most beautiful places on earth to see the cherry blossoms. According to the forecast, estimated best viewing in Tokyo will be from late March to early April for this year.

Let's throwback to the trip to Tokyo, Japan in 2017. My aim was to enjoy the Sakura season in Tokyo and it was very lucky for me to be in the most "full-bloom" moment. 

I hope this article will help all Local Guides find some good places to take photos of cherry blossoms 🙂

1. Chidorigafuchi 

Location >> https://goo.gl/maps/a53MeK1KDNw

How to get there >> Kudanshita Station 

Chidorigafuchi is very famous for Japanese locals to see the cherry blossoms during day and night time.

Cherry Blossom a.k.a. SakuraCherry Blossom a.k.a. Sakura

To get this view, you can walk to here, just opposite to the Chidorigafuchi boat parking.

Chidorigafuchi Park in the eveningChidorigafuchi Park in the evening

This photo taken from a photo spot near Kudanzaka park - just a few steps from the station. During the golden hours (10-15 min after the sunset), it is the best time to take photo from this view. 

2. Ueno Park

Location >> https://goo.gl/maps/XbkrMrEgHz42

How to get there >> Ueno Station 

One of the most famous parks in Tokyo, Ueno park is always crowded in every season due to its lively and joyful atmosphere.

It is always crowded.It is always crowded.

HanamiHanami

Local Japanese love to sit down and enjoy the cherry blossoms during the day - called "Hanami"

3. Shinjuku Gyoen 

Location >> https://goo.gl/maps/xZKibxYsxQ52

How to get there >> 10 minutes walk from Shinjuku Station 

Shinjuku Gyoen is also full of locals during Spring season. It is a good place for Japanese people at all ages to sit down and relax.

Take a closer lookTake a closer look

4. Sumida Park

Location >> https://goo.gl/maps/NcWgufwgo1J2

How to get there >> A few steps from Asaskusa Station

Sumida park is another popular place to enjoy the cherry blossoms. This place offers you a view of cherry blossoms along the river with Tokyo Skytree as a background.

Original SakuraOriginal Sakura

On the bridge across the Sumida RiverOn the bridge across the Sumida River

Sumida ParkSumida Park

5. Meguro River

Location >> https://goo.gl/maps/PH7rkbBdNpP2

How to get there >> 500 meters from Naka Meguro Station

Photo spot at Meguro River is situated along a concrete canal with cherry blossom trees at both sides of the river.

Cherry blossom trees at both sides of the riverCherry blossom trees at both sides of the river

One last Sakura shot with Japanese local in Ueno area to make this photo perfect 😄

17799939_10212086701944256_4780270937888118083_n.jpg

Tokyo, Japan
28 comments
Level 7

Re: Best spots to see cherry blossoms in Tokyo

What a great post of yours, I love cherry trees in blossom, and especially in Japan, where is like a tradition. 

I think after seeing your post I must add this place to my top places I want to visit. 

Thanks again 🙂

Aneta

Level 7

Bls: Best spots to see cherry blossoms in Tokyo

ahh beautiful country with cool nature. i love japan especially when autumn arrives 

Bukankah Balas Dendam itu Menyenangkan?
Connect Moderator

Wonderful photos @SunPanupong as always from you! 

Feelis like being in Japan in the middle of the blossoms. @FaridTDF  @ErmesT be sure to add “Travel to Japan during Cherry Blossom season” on your Travel Photography Bucket List.

Thanks for sharing your experience here.

Cheers,

Karen

Former Google Contributor

Hi @SunPanupong

What a beautiful post and pictures.

I learned that Sakura is not only the name of the main female character in anime and manga called Naruto but also season of cherry blossom in Japan :).

In the Czech Republic we have one tradition connected with blossoming cherries. We have our own day of lovers (apart from Valentine's day) which is on the 1st of May. On this day you should kiss your lover under blossoming cherry.

Do you have a similar tradition? Is it why you made such a post? To help lovers to find blossoming cherry where they can kiss under? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Beautiful. 

Connect Moderator

Estoy totalmente de acuerdo contigo @KarenVChin, tengo que agregar este sitio y en particular esta fecha de Fin de Marzo a mis sitios por visitar.

Es muy hermoso el post que nos compartiste @SunPanupong , cada sitio es especial y tiene su importancia al visitarlo, gracias por compartir. Su Post destaca sobre tantos entusiastas que les gusta compartir en Google Maps 🙂

Farid

Level 10

@Aneta0211 thank you and I just replied your message again lol. Japan is one of my favourite destinations - delicious food, nice people and amazing scenery in every season. 😃

Level 10