UchechukwuEnem's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Best and Most Cheerful Way to Celebrate Valentine

Red attire speaks with colleaguesRed attire speaks with colleagues

This year's Valentine season wasn't celebrated but was memorable for me especially at my workplace. I’m most elated because I also used it as a platform to tell my colleagues about the Local Guides program.

I didn't go to places neither did I visit or hang out with friends; but still it was superb.

This was how it went. On Monday (10th February, 2019), I went round each offices and made every staff to pick a name from the box just like casting a lot. So every staff picked a name that they were supposed to buy a gift for and give on Valentine's Day

Since we had different staff with their personality and class. People wished they were picked by a higher class while some wished not to be picked by a lower class staff. Very funny right!  All the same, the picking was done and the D- day came to pass.

On 14th February which was the Valentine's day. I went for Morning Mass and then waited for 9am which was the supposed time for us to meet at the hall.

Myself and Izuchukwu who gave  the most valued giftMyself and Izuchukwu who gave the most valued gift

I was really impressed by the number of people who showed up. Infact, each member of staff participated in the Valentine surprise bash. Since I was the coordinator of the programme, I also reminded everyone of the need to really participate in the local guides programme and the essence to use the opportunity of travelling/ visit to add places on the map, make reviews and even add photos too.

When the exchange of gift started, everyone wanted to know what he/she received. It was fun. And the most interesting thing about it was that our supervisors, directors and  even Managing Director (MD) also participated in it. It was all fun and great.

After the exchange of gift, the MD congratulated for the initiative and thanked all members of staff for their active participation. In response, he offered individual gifts (drinks) to everyone in the company. It was really a great experience and I was so happy about the success.

After the exchange, those on red attire took group photographs posing with their gifts and sharing their experiences.

I am proud of where I work because it makes me feel at home. My office creates this special serenity, warmth, joy and very healthy environment for me and for my colleagues too.

Please local guides, @Sagir , you could share your experience of Valentine and also about your office. THANK YOU! DANKE! MER BEAUCOUP!  GRACIAS. @U-royFelixA , @HelloSamsonR , @OkekeNkiruka , @Martin245 , @EmekaUlor , @KarenVChin , @TraciC , @Chomy @Flozy 

Awka, Nigeria
8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Best and Most Cheerful Way to Celebrate Valentine

Hi @UchechukwuEnem 

This is amazing way to celebrate your valentine Day.

In my office every day is valentine's Day. Lol

We didn't celebrate it huge but we had some great time together as usual.

Kind regards

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 10

@UchechukwuEnem  I see you and your colleagues  had a fun filled Valentine’s Day. Thanks for sharing. 

Level 9

Yes, we did had fun @U-royFelixA . It was really great

Connect Moderator

@UchechukwuEnem , Happy Valentine’s Day!

Sounds like you had a fun, memorable work team experience yesterday and had the chance to share your Local Guides experience with your colleagues. 

Here, we call in America, your game “Kris Kringle.” This game I usually happens around Christmas and can be played at Holiday office parties or with family or friends. It’s like how you describe in your post, the group draws a name from a hat or a box, there is an agreed upon dollar amount to spend on the gift, and you can give suggestions (a list) in the group what you would like or have a gift giving theme, like how you have it - Valentine’s Day appropriate.

it can be very funny and or creative or both if the theme is silly. Lots of laughing and giggling as each person opens their gift in front of everyone. You may or may not know who the “Kris Kringle” (aka Santa Claus) who picked your name depending how you play the game. That is what makes it so much fun.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

Wow! That's lots of fun. Yeah, it all similar. Hopefully will organize another one for Christmas. Thanks for sharing @KarenVChin and thanks for your valued response. 

Level 9

Wow! That means your office is like a home to you. Happy daily Valentine celebration @Sagir . Thanks for sharing and thanks for your kind words

Former Google Contributor

Hi @UchechukwuEnem,

Thanks for sharing!

I think this is a really cool way of celebrating Valentines Day without having to be romantic. This is the kind of thing that brings coworkers together.

I'm glad to hear that everyone actually chose to participate, that says a lot.  

Can you share with us what gift you got?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Happy Valentines Day @UchechukwuEnem 

Thank you for sharing with us.