Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Benefits Update: Drive Storage moving from 1TB to 100 GB

As our community of Local Guides continues to grow, we’ve made the decision to adjust our Level 4 benefit to 100GB of free Google Drive storage for one year.

Existing Local Guides who were signed up before July 7, 2016 (12am GMT) can still unlock the original 1 TB offer, valid for two years, if they reach Level 4 by July 21, 2016 (12am GMT).

Remember, you must redeem your Drive storage voucher within 30 days of reaching Level 4. Be sure to activate your Drive storage code on the account for which you would like the storage to be applied. We are unable to reverse Drive storage activations or change the account once the code has been activated.

504 comments
Level 7

1TB Storage!

When I entered Local Guides one of my main goals was to get the 1TB and I managed to do it fast! Although I got my upgrade easily I have seen in G+ some local guides saying they are Level 4 but were having a harding time to get the storage space. 

So, let's share our histories here about how we got this prize and make this topic useful for new Level 4 local guides!

Level 7

Re: 1TB Storage!

My history: In the same week I became Level 4 I got an email with the upgrade! 

1tb.jpg

(print in Portuguese)

Googler

For new folks, I wanted to share that up until a month or so ago, we would send you two emails once you reached Level 4:

1. Within 48 hours, an email would arrive congratulating you on reaching Level 4
  2. Within 5 week, an email with a code to activate your Drive storage.

Now, once you reach Level 4, you still receive a congratulations email but to receive your benefit, you visit your Local Guides profile page to redeem your storage. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Re: 100GB storage

I saw post on G+ about decreasing storage from 1TB to 100GB for new Level 4 LG.

Too much spam in reviews? 🙂

During hangouts, we reported mass of spam, for example, all reviews made by ctrl+c, ctrl+v, or all reviews: "OK".

And my favourite spam in reviews: "I don't know i wasn't there" 🙂 And 1000 points in two days. It's demotivating.

Map TC, Gmail TC, Chrome RS, Map RER/RL (retired), LG L8, G+ Community Moderator

@LovelyPL you know we fight hard against spam. And we're improving our systems continually.

But we also rely on Local Guides such as you to flag these issues so we can escalate them.

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Anonymous
Not applicable

With a team that LG have reduced disk capacity of 100 gigabytes or so people do notprimarily enjoy it and want to help others
Level 4

I did not even know the 1gb when I started, I saw the news about the program on the internet and liked, I was using and when I saw got an email saying that I had won the extra space, I was very happy

Level 4

After 1TB subscription ends !

What will happen after subscription ends ?

Files will be saved for lifetime or we have a time limit to make a copy i.e. if they are going to remove the free space from account after a specified period !

Re: After 1TB subscription ends !

You can always see the current terms on our Help Center, but to summarize:

After your free storage offer expires, your files will stay saved in your Google Drive. If you don't have any more storage space, you won't be able to add more files unless you remove files, buy additional storage, or apply a new free/discount code.