Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Re: Google Drive stroage

@TraciC

Yep, you're right.  It's buried right there at the bottom of the email.  I don't usually read spam and I think something like that deserves it's own email and more than 2 weeks notice.  My two cents...

Sorry, but my opinion still stands.  I feel like the idiot on this one for falling for Google's trick.  You guys coaxed a lot of people to do what you wanted and then took the reward away at the end.  When I hit level 4 the other day, I was seriously considering going for level 5.  But no more.  If I could delete all my reviews and photos, I would, because I'm pretty big on privacy.  This was a good enough carrot though to make me overlook my privacy concerns and you took it away at the end.  

You guys should have lowered the time rather than dropped the storage size.  I actually had plans to use that TB and 100GB isn't enough.   At the end of my trial, I would have been a paying customer for that 1TB indefinitely.  But I'll be taking my business elsewhere, exclusively because of this.  Let your people know that they screwed over a very loyal Google customer.

Level 6

Re: I was promised 1TB for 2 years if I contributed to google maps reviews

Thank you @TraciC

Googler

Re: Google Drive stroage

@DerekS I'm sorry to hear you feel that way but will share the feedback. If you would like to, you may delete your photos or reviews.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 4

Can't redeem Google Drive storage on Local Guides profile page

i can't see any redemption button or instruction to gain the additional storage on https://www.google.com/local/guides/home

please help.

Level 7

Re: Can't redeem Google Drive storage on Local Guides profile page

@紙船小 can you please upload a screenshot of what you see when you visit the link?
Thanks 

Level 4

Re: Lowering 1TB to 100GB for Level 4 Users

@Keith A  It's been over 1 month since I published this discussion. Obviously, none of the staff in the Local Guide team has given any official response. Do you still think they care about the issue I raised? 

@KeithA wrote:

@Li-chiaL,

I am sure that Google moderators will take note of this thread, and offer a reply if they feel it is required, but I would not expect anything at the weekend. They have though already replied to some similar topics with their opinions on this, so I would encourage reading around if you have not yet done so.

My 2p on some of the issues you raised: If you feel strongly that Google is abusing a monopoly (I don't, but I respect your opinion, and will write the rest of this reply from a POV of accepting that posit), then it seems odd to complain about this only when the perks are reduced. If you were happy to help Google then, but not now, what has changed?

Again, if Google are too big and powerful, then users are going to be using them whether you like it or not. Until a credible competitor comes along, Google will always be the market leader in it's core areas like Maps. By contributing to improve the data that Google holds, I would advise that you think of it from the perspective of the users - while there is a wait for a viable competitor to come along, it will help the users to have the best possible information available to them, and your positive contributions will be contributing to that. At the end of the day, we are all here to help the users (I hope!).

Level 4

Did not get 1tb voucher/code. Many months ago I reach Level 4.

Many month ago I reached level 4 locoal guide; help google improve maps around my town.

But I still don't recieve any email about code / voucher / the way to redeem 1 TB @ Drive.

On Support Page has many link told that it like the way to get redeem voucher.

https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/6281793?hl=th&ref_topic=6281797

https://www.google.com/local/guides/home

But I can't fine any button or form or anything to redeem it.

Help me please.

Level 4

@ArslanESL just a web page had a "start a discussion" button and without any images, profile page show a lot of "this.user is null" error in firefox's developer console. but home page is normal.

Level 4

Re: Did not get 1tb voucher/code. Many months ago I reach Level 4.

After I post my problem to Facebook Page, I got these email to confirm my level on local guide.

But still don't recieve th voucher of Google Drive 1 TB space.

Thank you Google Team for supports and I think it won't be many days waiting for voucher.

It would be empower me to contribute more.  I think I and other contributers want to see betters maps and data for all in the world. 
1.JPG

Level 7

@紙船小 try changing your browser,, use google chrome