Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: After 1TB subscription ends !

Important - before removing data you can download it using Google Takeout:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3024190?hl=en

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 7

Re: Benefits Update: Drive Storage moving from 1TB to 100 GB

I literally JUST achieved Level 4, as in today.

REALLY hope I still get the full 1Tb for 2 years, that I've been working for.

Why the drop, what happened? and why such a big drop in what is essentially the biggest benefit to contributing?

Level 7

And... already here!!!

Literally within an hour of achieving Level 4!!!

Full Terrabyte baby!!!Full Terrabyte baby!!!

Level 8

It's great for reduce the free space because like me i am not using them maximumly.

Level 7

Thank God I reached Level 4 few months ago. 100 GB for a year sound great, but greater would be if it last same as before, two years. 

Level 7

It's good to reduce it, 100gb for 2 years would be better than 1tb. But why was this move made?

Level 7

I am level 5, so far I have not received 1 TB for level 4. Where is a catch?

Level 8

I have reached Level 4 about 3 months ago.till now I didn't receive my 1tb

@CorrieD wrote:

As our community of Local Guides continues to grow, we’ve made the decision to adjust our Level 4 benefit to 100GB of free Google Drive storage for one year.

Existing Local Guides who were signed up before July 7, 2016 (12am GMT) can still unlock the original 1 TB offer, valid for two years, if they reach Level 4 by July 21, 2016 (12am GMT).

Remember, you must redeem your Drive storage voucher within 21 days of reaching Level 4. Be sure to activate your Drive storage code on the account for which you would like the storage to be applied. We are unable to reverse Drive storage activations or change the account once the code has been activated.

@CorrieD wrote:

As our community of Local Guides continues to grow, we’ve made the decision to adjust our Level 4 benefit to 100GB of free Google Drive storage for one year.

Existing Local Guides who were signed up before July 7, 2016 (12am GMT) can still unlock the original 1 TB offer, valid for two years, if they reach Level 4 by July 21, 2016 (12am GMT).

Remember, you must redeem your Drive storage voucher within 21 days of reaching Level 4. Be sure to activate your Drive storage code on the account for which you would like the storage to be applied. We are unable to reverse Drive storage activations or change the account once the code has been activated.

Level 8

Re: After 1TB subscription ends !

Your files will stay saved in your Google Drive. If you don't have any more storage space, you won't be able to add more files unless you remove files or buy storage.

Level 5

I just squeezed in under the wire with getting the 1TB of storage but, since it only lasts for a year I doubt I will be taking too much advantage of it. To be honest I would have been happier getting the T-Shirt than the storage.

Greg