HashimN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Being a Local Guide in Pakistan

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to share my experiences of being a Local Guide. 

I started with this almost 2 years ago. Back then I used to go out to places just for the sake of adding them to Google Maps. But soon I realized that its not much use if a lot of people are not contributing to the local maps. So I started the Pakistan Local Guides community. It was the first supported Local Guides community in Pakistan back then. 

In the beginning it was really hard to bring Local Guides to the community. I was almost spamming on Connect to reach out to people from my area. But a lot has changed since then, and now we more communities and hangouts. 

I love being a Local Guide because I know that I am helping people. This is because I myself use maps regularly and it has become an essential tool for travelling and for finding places. Google Maps has also made it easier for me to realize how many I've helped by looking at the photo view count and the review 'helpful count'.

I just wish that more Local Guides would join us in our hangouts so that we can have more fun doing what we do individually . . . 

Cheers!

1 comment
Level 9

Re: Being a Local Guide in Pakistan