AnnaBcn's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Being a Local Guide - My experience

I started on Google Local Guides program more than two years ago. For me it was a way to remember places I had visited and also a way to give my opinion about restaurants, shops and places in my city. What it started as pastime ended up being something more. A year ago I was selected to attend the LG Summit 2017 (see my Introduce yourself post here).

At first I coudn’t believe it but the day arrived and there I was in San Francisco. I had a great experience sharing with people like me from around the world the same interests in improving our cities and our lives as citizens. It was also the first time I organized a meet-up. Crazy, right? My first meet-up as a host was in Oakland days before the LGSummit. There I met @KimberlyAnnG, who helped me organize it without knowing each other  🙂 She was the first of many other Local Guides, LG Moderators and Googlers from many different places who I had the opportunity to meet.

Being there also made me aware of the importance of things that know I take very seriously. My reviews are now more complete than ever. Not because of the points I get with them, but because I want them to be helpful for the potential clients and also for the business owners, so they can improve their businesses and try to highlight what it’s good and fix what could be better.

I’m now very familiar with lists (public and private) and my friends use them a lot to read my suggestions in Barcelona. When they want to eat out in a certain district they still text me but know I can even give them routes and share maps with them. I wrote a post in Connect about the best bread shops in Spain, sharing a list with the ones selected every year by experts. I would have loved to have the chance to visit all of them (and tasting the delicious bread, of course).

My pictures of food have improved as well and now I even dare to record videos!

And I attented other meet-ups organized by the non official Local Guides group in Barcelona, run by @CésarParga,  in particular the World Photowalk on February 25th in Barcelona. You can see the photo album here and even a video.

I would love to attend again the new summit Connect Live 2018. I would like to learn more and also share my tips and experiences with others. I wouldn’t miss it for the world!   #LocalGuidesConnect

That's me :)That's me 🙂At LG Summit 17At LG Summit 17Me with some 'friends' (not Summit attendees)Me with some 'friends' (not Summit attendees)Embracing nature (kind of)Embracing nature (kind of)Having 'calçots'', typical catalan foodHaving 'calçots'', typical catalan food

Barcelona, Espanya
17 comments
Level 10

Re: Being a Local Guide - My experience

Wow! Nice journey with local guides @AnnaBcn best wishes for this year also. 

Level 9

@AnnaBcn espero que puedas participar en este evento a nivel mundial. 😁

DSC04627.JPG

Ichi-go ichi-e (Un momento Una oportunidad)
Level 8

Gracias @CésarParga! Me encanta la foto con la mochila LG 😄

@CésarParga wrote:

@AnnaBcn espero que puedas participar en este evento a nivel mundial. 😁

DSC04627.JPG

Level 8

Thank you @MdEmranulHoque!! Good luck for you too 😄

Level 9

Una @AnnaBcn LocalGuides camino de la aventura 😉

Ichi-go ichi-e (Un momento Una oportunidad)
Level 9

@AnnaBcn !!!!  That meet up you set up in Oakland was the beginning of a VERY fun week!!! 

IMG_20171007_105646.jpg

I enjoyed so much our little group and I hope we can all make it back together this year!!!!  Alejandra, Sarah, Eliane, and Cadu!!!  Who will ever forget Jenga in front of Super Duper Burgers ?!

Here's a little Google Photos album I put together for that Meet Up.....fun to relive it through the photos ---->  Paramount Theater ~ Oakland ~ LG Meet Up

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Level 9

Love the bag. What a great shot!

Level 8

Wow! Thank you for the photos @KimberlyAnnG. They bring a lot of good and fun memories.

Of course I remember the crazy Jenga. I bought one in my country after that to play it at home. I demand a rematch! 😄

Connect Moderator

Loved your post and photos, @AnnaBcn 🙂 Was such a pleasure meeting you during the Summit - sending best wishes and hopes that we can recreate it again this October! 😄 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall