YasumiKikuchi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Beginners please read my story "What I achieved in one year"

I started the local guide on November 11, 2017. Today is just the first year.

At that time, I had no imagination that I could have such experience and friends!

(Connect Live 2018 ©Google)(Connect Live 2018 ©Google)StephanieAdams-02956.jpg

(Copyright © 2018 Google)
I have made almost 200 international friends in just one year😍 And, I could not be the top in Japan so far, but suddenly I was awarded the world's best in one genre😲

If you are a beginner you may not believe what I say. But I was a layman who did not even know the meaning of "meet-up". Again, I never thought that such a future would come!!

ywreyreyw.jpg

This is my first post. It symbolizes Sendai where there is a city in the forest.

I continued the review of the place, but I was heavily affected by the traffic accident, and there was a restriction on going out. I thought about how I would contribute.

fsdgfdsgfdsg.jpg

The answer is "add place"📍

I had a sleep deprivation due to an accident. Yes, it is the idea of reversal. I have time!🤔 And I have a history of the delivery staff at transport and post office, so already knew what is in my locals. I continued adding places while checking with the paper map📖

What is your favorite field, and "What is something you can not do?"

Level 10 Local Gude.jpg

I reached level 10 in two months from the start🎊

コネクトで自己紹介.jpg

I joined the local guide connect after this.

OSAMA最初の返信.jpg

@OSAMA first noticed me and praised it very much👏

He introduced many guides to me who have no friends yet.

Hanami of Japan.jpg

After that, I made Japanese @HiroyukiTakisawa and some friends, They were friendly and cooperative from the beginning. I posted to introduce Japanese cherry blossom while learning from them. Since the cherry blossom viewing in Japan was attracting attention from the world, there were many reactions from the world🌸

Google Connect Live 2018.jpg

I learned that there is a thing called "Connect Live". But initially, I thought it was an event not related to me as a beginner. Then friends @HiroyukiTakisawa and moderators @KarenVChin said "It is better for you to apply" several hours before the deadline. I hurriedly created an interview movie and applied, but I thought that it would probably be rejected as it is a beginner😌

However, I got the notification of "adoption" quietly by gmail!📩 In this way, I had valuable experience at Google head office with many international friends in just a year. And I officially awarded the world record!!👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👨‍👧🥇

CIMG0374_R.JPG

You are a beginner who starts a Local Guide and is looking for friends with unfamiliar Connect. But there is nothing to be afraid of😉 If you are polite and you can imagine a good future, you can have the same experience as me. I am convinced that

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

43 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Beginners please read my story "What I achieved in one year"

Well done @YasumiKikuchi!! What a great story! And certainly a great achievement to hit level 10 way before even one year has passed! May you continue to see amazing success! !

#EuroMeetup2024 - Join us in Manchester, UK from June 6th to 9th 2024
      Go Loco Guides - The unofficial YouTube channel for Local Guides! Check us out and subscribe
      Connect Writing Challenge - Simple strategies to write engaging posts on Connect
      How to Write Reviews - Easy to remember tips on writing structured reviews
Level 10

Thank you for your warm praise @AdrianLunsong😃

I want to eat ice cream with you again, so I will keep on trying hard! First, learn English😆

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage

Connect Moderator

Very nice post, @YasumiKikuchi! I always love reading such positive experiences regarding the program. It's amazing that you reached Level 10 in so little time, and accomplished so much in a year.

Congratulations and happy LG anniversary!

Level 10

Thank you for your warm words @Jesi
It was such a fierce change that it seemed as though it was under control of destiny😆

Level 10

আমি অনেক সৌভাগ্যবান যে আপনার সাথে আমার সাক্ষাৎ হয়েছিল । আপনাকে আবার ও অভিনন্দন এওয়ার্ড পাওয়ার জন্য  ❤️ @YasumiKikuchi

Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

Amazing history @YasumiKikuchi! Didn't know you had an accident.

I hope everything is ok now! 🙂

Thanks for adding so many places to maps.

I hope one day I will visit many of them!

Happy mapping! 🙂

Level 8

Wow,  this is unbelievable @YasumiKikuchi, 👏👏👏, from start to level 10 in just 2months. 

I am so sure you must have been an ardent and assiduous mapper to have achieved that feat. 

I am really wowed by your achievements and motivated by your experience.

I would love to learn a thing or the other from you, perhaps a few more details that time and space couldn't permit you to share on this post.

Thanks for sharing.

Level 7

Thanks for sharing your story. This post very helpfull for beginer like me, lol. I hope you can continue this post with more detail about 'what to do' for beginner.
Level 10

Thank you @MahabubMunna
There are many things to learn from you who are doing the biggest meet-up as a local guide👀