ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Beautiful Restera - a walk along the Sile River - Winter

Note: This post is in fact the continuation of an old post (Beautiful Restera - a walk along the Sile River) in which the winter aspect was missing.

So, I chose to write a new post, for adding probably the most the most reflective season, the one that invite to the meditation: Winter

Winter needs to be heard, rather than told, so I prepared this story for you

There is not a big apparent difference, walking along the river, between Autumn and Winter, @FaridTDF@JavieraAu, so you have to pay attention to the small details.

Evening is coming earlier, so the view starts to become undefined

DSC04824.jpg

The birds are looking for a bit of heat

DSC04820.jpg

Even the grass, in front of the old Venetian Villas along the river, seems to loose color

DSC04832.jpg

A single person is running along the river, no one is on the "restera" now. Silence is the word

DSC04836.jpg

Also the rusty boat, that seems to jump, autside of a sea of dry shrubs, is silently screaming

DSC05330.jpg

The boats, and the small houses of the birds, are waiting for the springtime to come

DSC04853.jpg

DSC04837.jpg

Then, in a few minutes, the sun is moving down

DSC04847.jpg

And the temperature immediatly drops. A new friend is coming, soft, undefined, moving slowly.

DSC04859.jpg

We call it "fog". Wet and cold, is touching your body, and you cannot see what is in front of you, while the sky is clear and bright, and the moon seems to be so close that you can touch it.

DSC05383.jpg

The cat, on the shadow of the trees, is lighted only by a moonray, while the night is coming

DSC05391.jpg

So, goodnight, in a winter's night. Springtime will come soon

DSC05321.jpg

Ermes

13 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Beautiful Restera - a walk along the Sile River - Winter

Un hermoso post  @ErmesT, con esto cierra el circulo de las cuatro estaciones del paseo, sugeriría colocar los hipervínculo a las tres estaciones  anteriores asi el lector puede recorrer esas estaciones y leerlas como un todo. Gracias por compartir.

Saludos Farid

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper right part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.

Level 10

@ErmesT Beautiful photos, is this an abandoned place? 

Level 9

wonderful photos, thank you @ErmesT

Connect Moderator

Thank you @AbdullahAM

This is not an abandoned place, @AnuradhaP. This is how the walkways along the river appears on Winter.

The story started from a very old post, linked in my initial post here, where I was exploring how the river appears in springtime and in autumn.

Winter was missing, so I decided, by request, to complete the story.

Former Google Contributor

Great photos @ErmesT! With this post you definitely have finished the season circle. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

I especially like your misty, foggy shots of trees and the river. I liked thevbirds too. But the wonderful old villa needs some more pictures!  It is too far away on thecphoto which shows her larger form. Like a woman, you need to look a lot closer to really appreciate her! What's around behind? Whats itclike lookingcoutcher windows. How dark is it inside? Is it cold in the winter? 

See how a little mystery adds to a photo.? Those are the best works of art, like the Mona Lisa with her enigmatic smile! You have a lot of talent as a photographer! But always remember that art which reflects the human condition is some of the best art in the world. It takes great talent to produce perfect pictures, technically. But the best art in the world has some kind of question or a feeling of mystery or a photo of a thunderstorm! Hard to get but great art isn't always easy! Good luck in your future! Remember that you can't teach someone to have imagination. Great art is 99 percent perspiration and 1 percent immagination. But you can't buy it. You have to foster imagination! That's the key to great photography as an art form! Good Luck to you!

ChristineBrandon
Google Moderator

It's hard to believe that the cat in the photo is lighted only by moonlight! It looks so mysterious and a bit scary, to be honest. But that's definitely an amazing shot.

I like the attention you give to details while exploring, @ErmesT. Looking forward to your next adventure. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Sorry for responding so late @ChristyFromCanada

First of all THANK YOU, I like, of course, your compliments (who doesn't?), even if I can't define myself a photographer, but simply a lover y photography.

I agree with you about the villa, of course I have more photos (is a private house, so I cannot go inside). I will try to build an album, for sharing it with you.

Connect Moderator

I love the "very small" more than the "very big' @DeniGu

The details, frequently ignored, can give us an intense and deep view of what is around us. I like panoramas too, of course, but I am always focusing on the smallest elements that are contributing all together to compose the big paint that we call LIFE