cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Beautiful Bhutan - Travel Diary

Excellent @Venky_lightbug!

Tiger's Nest looks awesome, I agree! Hopefully one day. 🙂 

Looking forward to your Philippine post. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

@Venky_lightbug , amazing post. Thanks for sharing your Bhutan Travel experiences with us.  I've had a couple of friends who have traveled here and their pictures like yours were b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!  It must have felt like being in a dream, especially as you visited Tiger's Nest Monastery.   Bhutan, Tibet, Nepal are on my travel bucket list - to see the Himalayans, visit the monasteries, and trek. I bet the air was so clear, clean, and crisp.

Did your driver talk to you about his country's philosophy of  Gross National Happiness?  It is an interesting concept that other countries are trying to adapt.   

And what did you think of Bhutanese cuisine?  What does it taste like?  Anything stand out that you would recommend to eat or drink?

Cheers,

Karen

Hi @Venky_lightbug,

Thanks a lot for tagging me in this amazing post!

I really enjoyed the post because you gave so much description about your trip to Bhutan and I liked the most the tips that you gave at the end. The photos that you took are also amazing! I have no words to say something because it's a really beautiful post!

Thanks a lot again for your time to create such post!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

@KarenVChinThank you for reading 🙂

Yes the air and skies were so clear and clean. The country is so clean and the interesting thing is the respect given to the pedestrians. They earned my respect with that.

Our driver did not give any information about Bhutan. It was the most disappointing part. But yes we knew about the Happiness Index and I could see that on their faces. Very Content with what they have. And they believe in their King.

About the food, it was ok. It was either bland or too spicy. They have their special chilli that they use to make Datshi.. Basically Cheese item. You should try that.

Click| Travel| Repeat
Follow on Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/venky_lightbug/
Level 7

@PoliMC 

I could understand your love for nature with your previous comments and so tagged you 🙂 I am really glad that you liked the photos and the tips. 

Thank you for reading 🙂

Click| Travel| Repeat

Hi @Venky_lightbug,

Thanks for your reply!

I am curious if did you take these photos?

Level 7

Yes I did take all these pictures @PoliMC 

Photography is my hobby 🙂

Also you can check my Instagram profile for more

Click| Travel| Repeat
Google Vendor

Thank you for tagging me and sharing your experience with us @Venky_lightbug. I enjoyed reading your post so much. I am a nature lover, and whenever I have the opportunity, I take a break from the city. I would like to visit Bhutan too. It looks like a miracle. 

Keep up sharing and contributing!

Level 7

Thanks @InaS You should definitely visit Bhutan.

Click| Travel| Repeat