aaryesdee's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Basilica of Bom Jesus.

Basilica of Bom Jesus at Goa.Basilica of Bom Jesus at Goa.

Basilica of Bom Jesus at GoaBasilica of Bom Jesus at Goa

CameraZOOM-20190102075131100.jpg

Writting about St. francis Xavier's CoffinWritting about St. francis Xavier's Coffin

The Basilica of Bom Jesus or the Infant Jesus was constructed in the year 1594. The Portuguese Architectural excellence being exibited in this Iconic Church. 

St Francis Xavier's Coffin is preserved here in this Church too. A peaceful, divine place every tourist to Goa should visit.

R S Dev
Goa, India
9 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Basilica of Bom Jesus.

Hello @aaryesdee,

Thanks for sharing!

The basilica is looking very old and interesting. I'm always impressed by how well kept these old divine structures are.

Were you visiting the basilica as a tourist or do you live in the region? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@MortenSI

Hi

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my post. Exactly these sorts of  churches / place of wirwors makes us feel proud no matter whether we belong to any parts of the World.

I happen to stay in Bengaluru and visited Goa last week.

R S Dev

It's incredible to think about how such a place looked half a century ago @aaryesdee.

Your second photo looks like a courtyard you usually see in monasteries.

Is the photo taken from inside the basilica? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

@MortenSI

It's taken from outside.CameraZOOM-20190102074830197.jpg

Decorated gate leading to St Francis Xavier's Coffin location.Decorated gate leading to St Francis Xavier's Coffin location.

R S Dev

it's a very impressive structure @aaryesdee, and I suppose it's well visited by tourists too. 

Is it mainly a tourist attraction or do local also use the basilica every day?

Level 10

@MortenSI

The Basilica functions as normal as any for the locals. But daily there will be tiuritou visit too.

R S Dev

I will keep this basilica in mind if I ever visit Goa @aaryesdee.

Thank you again for sharing it with us.

Level 10

@MortenSI

So nice of you Morten.

You are most welcome to visit India and we will be your  #letsguide

Thanks & Regards

aaryesdee

R S Dev

Thank you very much @aaryesdee, I appreciate it.

It is always much better to be shown around by locals than to follow the guide books. 

This way you get to see the real culture and not just what attracts the most tourists.