ChiepSophy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Baray West Mebon Baray Drainage Dam West Mebon (Siem Reap)

Baray Water StorageBaray Water StorageBaray Water StorageBaray Water StorageSun Set Baray Water StorageSun Set Baray Water StorageFarm Baray Water StorageFarm Baray Water StorageBaray Water StorageBaray Water StorageBaray Water StorageBaray Water Storage

"Baray" is a water storage area where dams are raised to hold and maintain water. 9 The construction of huge barays and other major projects becomes a sign of many signs of Angkorian kings. Baray Four major areas in the park area.

When the baray was built, one island temple was built in the center of each baray. The first Baray built was Indratataka by Yasavarman I, with an area of ​​3.8 km x 880 And was completed in 889 when the capital is located in Hariharal, close to Roluos. The Raoul Lalay group is located on the island's central island of Indratataka. The second major baray is the Eastern Orthodoxy Yashodharatataka, which had begun immediately after the first baray with a large 7.8 km x 880m Than the Indratataka Bar five times. Nearly fifty years later, East Mebon was built on the central island of Baray. The third largest temple (8 km x2.2 km) is the West Baray, built in the 11th century. Unlike the other barays, the West Baray still has water in some parts, creating a large lake. The Mediterranean temple on the island of artificial island in the middle of the baray (short boat trip to reach). The last baray Jayatataka was built by Jayavarman VII at the end of the 12th century. This baray is thought to be the Baray of Preah Khan although it is a central temple that is really central. The role of the baray is a matter of discussion. Recent studies have shown that barays do not serve for agricultural purposes, but are built only for political and religious reasons. The conservative idea is that the baray was built as part of the vast water resources used for the rice fields and provided Full year water for farming, even for the true role of political and religious roles.

Sophy
West Baray, Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
2 comments
Google Vendor

Re: Baray West Mebon Baray Drainage Dam West Mebon (Siem Reap)

Hi @ChiepSophy,

Thank your for sharing your post with us. Are the boats used to travel around the place?

Also, please read the What are Connect topics? article before your next post.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Re: Baray West Mebon Baray Drainage Dam West Mebon (Siem Reap)

Hi @InaS

Yes I had travel around Baray Thoek Thla at Siem Reap Province, Cambodia.

Thank you for your advice, i will take noted. 

Sophy