Maruf_Hassan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Bank Branches Naming

Hi. I work at a bank and have been tasked with changing the names of the branches according to their signboards, which is also how they are referred to on a daily basis. For example, a branch of "BRAC Bank Limited" situated in "Dhanmondi" is called "BRAC Bank Limited Dhanmondi Branch", which is also how it is represented on the signboard of the branch. In a country like Bangladesh where the locations on Google Maps are not yet perfectly accurate, it is important to include such locations with names to find the desired location fast. I have been trying to add the locations to the names of the branches but 87% of my edits have been rejected. Is there any way to edit names of the branches so that they contain the necessary location information?

Bangladesh
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Bank Branches Naming

@Maruf_Hassan as Madan has pointed, refer to the Guidelines for representing your business under Google My Business. Look under the "Names" section, you will find the correct recommendation.

Basically as per recommendation, all branches should be named as the actual company name without extra description or location in the name. Because searching on Google Maps actually takes into account the address field as well, so you will need to ensure the address is also accurate.

So even if a branch is named as "BRAC Bank Limited" and in the address field has "Dhanmondi"

Searching for "BRAC bank Dhammondi" or "BRAC bank in Dhammondi" should bring up this location first or fairly high up in the search results.

View solution in original post

Level 9

Hi @Maruf_Hassan,

Please go through the following article for reference

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en

Hope this will also be useful : https://support.google.com/business/answer/3217744

For more support, do post your query in Google My Business Forum for Expert help.

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 10
Solution

@Maruf_Hassan as Madan has pointed, refer to the Guidelines for representing your business under Google My Business. Look under the "Names" section, you will find the correct recommendation.

Basically as per recommendation, all branches should be named as the actual company name without extra description or location in the name. Because searching on Google Maps actually takes into account the address field as well, so you will need to ensure the address is also accurate.

So even if a branch is named as "BRAC Bank Limited" and in the address field has "Dhanmondi"

Searching for "BRAC bank Dhammondi" or "BRAC bank in Dhammondi" should bring up this location first or fairly high up in the search results.

Level 7

Thank you Stephen. But what if there are multiple branches in one area. For example, there are five branches "BRAC Bank Dhanmondi 1/2/3/4/5 Branch" in the area Dhanmondi. If I name them according to Google Maps guidelines how do people find out which branch they are supposed to go to? 

Also, is there a way to ensure that if someone searches for a specific location in a specific manner in Google Maps, only the relevant result comes up, or at least the relevant result comes up on the very top? For example if someone searches specifically for "BRAC Bank Dhanmondi 1 Branch", only the specific branch would pop up, but it'd follow the naming guidelines, i.e. the result would say "BRAC Bank Dhanmondi Branch". Or the specific branch would show up in the very top of the search results. Is that achieveable?