Bernalds73's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Bamougong, last weekend

This is my lunch when I went to Bamougong last weekend : braised cocoyam with mature avocado. It was during our annual meeting of our peasant organization of grafted avocado growers. It's natural and organic meal that I like too much. Some of the participants laughed at me, but I was proud to eat it like that. 

Cocoyam with avocadoCocoyam with avocadoCocoyam or macaboCocoyam or macabo

Bernalds Motanbou
Marché Bamougong, Cameroun
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Bamougong, last weekend

Thanks for sharing @Bernalds73. Cocoyam is not something we can get in Australia, are you able to describe it's taste? It looks like an interesting vegetable perhaps something like a sweet potato which is a type of yam

Level 10

Thanks for your comment. Cocoyam is not a sweet potato nor a type of Yam. It is also call macabo ; and it's a tuber. We have different colors of them here in Bamougong : the white, the yellow and the red. The one you see in the pictures are red.

Bernalds Motanbou
Former Google Contributor

Hi @Bernalds73,

Thanks for sharing the photo with us! Simplicity is key. What else do you pair avocados with?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Hello @AlexaAC!

We also pair avocados with bread and cakes, white and yellow yam, tomatoes.

Nous faisons aussi la purée d'avocats et elle peut contenir des spaghettis, des oignons, des tomates... Il nous est impensable de faire de la salade sans avocats. 

We also eat avocados alone, without anything added. 

Bernalds Motanbou
Former Google Contributor

Sounds good @Bernalds73, thanks!

I love avocados myself and we have it with black pepper, lemon and salt. Simple but delicious! 

Looking forward to your future posts! 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!