DileepJangid7's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Badges value on Local Guides Connect

Hello Google Moderators, Googlers, and fellow Local Guides.

I want to know that is it makes a difference in getting badges of POSTS, KUDOS GAVE, KUDOS RECEIVED, SOLUTIONS in LG Connect?

because when I see other members too many Badges I feel very low,

I know I am just at the level of 7 and about to get to Level 8.

I might be not that much active in LG Connect like other guides.

I want to know, Are those badges make get PERKS faster or what?

are those badges necessary to get for higher levels?

8 comments
Level 9

Re: Badges value on Local Guides Connect

Hi @DileepJangid7,

Badges are nothing more than consideration that you have done something on connect. 

@DileepJangid7 wrote:

because when I see other members too many Badges I feel very low,

I know I am just at the level of 7 and about to get to Level 8.

I might be not that much active in LG Connect like other guides.

I want to know, Are those badges make get PERKS faster or what?

are those badges necessary to get for higher levels?

Only one badge can affect your benefit towards local guide program; your level badge. Other badge not for perks. 

No, only level badge will make sense in this case. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DileepJangid7 welcome as @deepakjhic said, i totally agree with him, badges of connect shows how you intend with other Local Guides, these levels show about the statistics contribution of Local Guide in connect 

Level 10

@DileepJangid7 Badges are only the indications of your achievements. 

Level 8

Think of this as a fun game. In a game, you advance by doing certain things. In real life, it does not mean much, but in the game it does. In google connect, you connect with others, and the badges are symbols of your level of interaction. So they might not get you physical perks, but they will help you make lasting friendships, will establish you as an authority in the system and it's fun seeing yourself advance!

Level 8

To participate in connect minimum eligibility is to cross level 5. According to me value participation is more important than getting marks. You participate with highest quality. Don't rush for points. We are helping people.

THIRUMURUGAN N,
ASSISANT PROFFESSOR IN PHYSICS,
ERODE SENGUNTHAR ENGINEERING COLLEGE,
PERUNDURAI, ERODE, TAMILNADU, INDIA
Level 6

@DileepJangid7 consider badges are more than a token of appreciation by the LG Moderators for the effort LG has put in to review, tag, upload photo or answer to someones question. The LG community has grown huge and so a level of contribution is expected by Moderators to encourage who have just joined and cheer up who have contributed to that level or higher.

Level 6

I feel these core values keep us all on the same page as people have morals to apply to their lives in a community with expectations to live a better life. Not like a law, but the unspoken manners or values set forth by a community for a better understanding of what's expected of you to live in harmony, respect that is embedded in you effecting your consciousness to do the right thing yet being yourself not to offend others by your actions or speaking out of line. Your not breaking the law that involves Justice. But, you're letting down others around you on a personal moral code of conduct, oath, image etc.

Its progress through humanity as an individual to a group. A common foundation to keep peace harmony while advancing with progress enhancing each individual's life in a successful community. All benefit with an understanding from the core. Like planting a seed. If the seed isn't planted properly problems can arise later in the formation in time. If the seed is planted properly it has a better chance to bloom into its purpose.

The badges are a way of tracking your progress as you make your way up the levels as a Local Guide and proves to others that you have an understanding of the ultimate goal or achievements of the entire team. It's not a race for a place or your better than everybody else. However, we make the choice to be a winner or a looser at any time you decide your own fate. We all want to be winners and that's achieved by helping each other to succeed. If you succeed then I succeed and so on until over time your surrounded by success and that's all you see and feel as an individual to a group. You see it in the new people even know they don't feel it. Yet, everyone with time and experience help them reach their potential for sucesss.

Bottom line badges and levels are steps showing knowledge and experience. Not trophies to display in vain. Enjoy every step of the way at your pace.

Aloha

Level 8

Very well said. I agree completely. I wish we could live this way in our daily lives as well!