Eire27's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: BUTTERFLIES

Hi @Koby what beautiful photos, thankyou for sharing ☺ Thankyou too for the information about the Monarch Butterfly, its amazing how far they can travel but it's sad how much they have declined, as you say, enjoy them while we can

Level 8

Hi @LucioV This is a great video, the butterfly looks very big and beautiful too

Level 8

Hi @JanVanHaver @LucioV @Koby @Rohit9 @Nick-Hobgood Hi guys I looked in my garden today, no butterflies, but I did find this Bee, and took this photo                                A Bee enjoying flowersA Bee enjoying flowers

Level 8

Here is a butterfly from Northern Haiti near Cap Haitien.  This one was almost as big as my hand. Big beautiful butterflyBig beautiful butterfly

Level 8

And a tiny one from Baghdad, IraqBabylon's baby butterflyBabylon's baby butterfly

Level 8

....and one small one from Fiji - I call this an Emoji butterfly  😉 

Fiji FlutterbyFiji Flutterby

Level 8

Hi @Nick-Hobgood  what fantastic butterfly photos. Its great to see butterflies from such far away places ( far from me anyway) That is so cute, the Emogi butterfly ☺

Level 10

Hi @Eire27. Glad you opened this thread to include bees as they go hand in hand with the butterflies. 

They are both great pollinators, however the bees carry pollen over their entire bodies as they flit between flowers.  Still,  butterflies do their fair share of pollinating, too.

The bees wings are so fast, that it makes getting a good photo difficult. Honeybee at Abma Farms, wyckoff,  NJHoneybee at Abma Farms, wyckoff, NJ

Notice the 2nd honeybee in the upper RH cornerNotice the 2nd honeybee in the upper RH corner

I took these at the same time and place  as when taking the butterfly photos in this post. Taken with a Samsung Galaxy S9+.

@Nick-Hobgood @LucioV @Rohit9 

@JanVanHaver

Level 8

Hi @Koby Fabulous photographs! Thanks for sharing and for the information about the Bees. The Bees and the Butterflies work pretty hard for us. I must say all the photos people have contributed to this thread are absolutely beautiful. Thankyou all 

Level 10

Hi @Nick-Hobgood   I think you selected a very appropriate name for the "Emoji" butterfly. And it's a beautiful photo.   Regards @Koby