cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[BAD NEWS]Google Street View Proposal Rejected By Indian Government

Hi All 

here comes a bad news for Indian Local guides 

According to Times Of India (a Indian​ news paper)

NEW DELHI: A proposal to roll out Google Street view, an application through which one can explore cities, tourist spots, hills and rivers using 360-degree panoramic and street-level imagery, has been rejected by the government, the Lok Sabha was informed today.
Union minister of state for home Hansraj Gangaram Ahir said Google had submitted a proposal on the Google Street View for the government's permission in July 2015 which allows users to explore places around the world through 360-degree panoramic street level imagery and view public area.

"The government has not agreed to the proposal," Ahir said in a written reply to a question.

As per Google's plans, using the App one could explore Indian cities, tourist spots, hills and rivers through 360-degree panoramic and street-level imagery

Lets hope for future Google is trying hard for India 

But my question is we are already using street view in India so is it illigal?or Is Google already got some other type approval? What​ is the real Cenario of Street view India I want to know?

here is the full article

👇👇

https://m.timesofindia.com/business/india-business/google-street-view-proposal-rejected-by-governmen...

8 comments
Level 10

Re: [BAD NEWS]Google Street View Proposal Rejected By Indian Government

Hi @ayann I think this refers to Car SV, as you can see there are many SV contributes from Local Guides, but very few and restricted areas where the SV is developed.

This seems to be the same situation we have in Germany.

While you zoom in you can notice that the blue area disappears, as are formed by blue dots, single photosphere from contributors.

I think that actually government could not ban the SV app at all, and many could eventually download as APK and use it, as long as there are places in maps where to attach spheres.

But government could, and this is the situation, avoid Google to massively map the territory.

Sorry, this is a strange situation, as India is one of the main markets for Google, and one of the best sources for knowledge.

Level 8

Re: [BAD NEWS]Google Street View Proposal Rejected By Indian Government

@LucioV

They are saying India don't have that type of security this time so this types of tour can effect 

Nothing to say 😑 let's see what happen in future

Level 9

If you adding govt. origination on google map you should maintain it's opening hours.

HI@ EVERYBODY!

Just now I have gone through one news that Indian govt has  turned down the proposal of street review .

Is that true ?

Regards,

Mondrito

Level 9

Re: If you adding govt. origination on google map you should maintain it's opening hours.

Hi @MONDRITO,

As you know that the proposal by Indian government is given. Is true about the street view.

Regards

Ravindranath Sawane

India
Level 9

Re: If you adding govt. origination on google map you should maintain it's opening hours.

Hey @MONDRITO,

As you said we must have to maintain hours of govt. Organisation.

India
Former Google Contributor

Hey @MONDRITO,

This topic is being discussed already by other community members here:

I have combined both topics together.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Former Google Contributor

Hey guys,

Just so you know, I have unmarked the solution from this topic, as this topic is a discussion and not a question that needs an answer.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 8

@GeorgesHR

Thank you for doing this sir

I apologise for unnesesary ticking