ThomasBiziouras's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Aziz Agha Stone Bridge.

This 3-arched stone bridge was built 1727 A.D. It has the widest arch in Northern Greece (15 meters). The bridge's length is 70 meters.

03b.jfif

Note to moderators, especially @KatyaL that keep removing my posts: The above photo and text are mine and original!

Professional programmer and photographer by hobby. Living in Grevena, Greece's Highlands!
Γεφύρι Αζίζ Αγά, Γρεβενά, Ελλάδα
17 comments
Former Google Contributor

Viite: Aziz Agha Stone Bridge.

Hi @ThomasBiziouras,

I really like your posts and information you give. It's so interesting and I keep waiting to see more from you! The bridge is gorgeous wow and your photos are truly amazing! 

Are you a photographer? 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Re: Aziz Agha Stone Bridge.

Hey @ThomasBiziouras ,

Nice photo! Can tourists do some activities around the bridge?

We have almost the same bridge in Bulgaria. It is situated in the middle of the mountain and its name is Devil's Bridge. It is in the Rhodope mountain and it was built between 1515 and 1518. It crosses Arda river located near Ardino village.

Here is a photo that I took in September.

Caption: A photo of Devil's Bridge in Rhodope mountains (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A photo of Devil's Bridge in Rhodope mountains (Local Guide @MoniDi)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

Viite: Aziz Agha Stone Bridge.

Thank you so much @DanniS !

Photography is my hobby, I am not a professional photographer

Professional programmer and photographer by hobby. Living in Grevena, Greece's Highlands!

Such a great photo @MoniDi! I haven't been there, but now I need to go to both places! 

@ThomasBiziouras You have great skills when it comes to photography!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

Hi @MoniDi  🙂

There is a rafting route that passes right under the main arch of the bridge.

As I have a special love and interest for old stone bridges and their myths, I am aware of the gorgeous Devil's bridge in your country. It is actually in my bucket list together with another one with the same name in Germany! Thank you for sharing your awesome shot of the bridge!

Level 6

Thank you @DanniS ! Glad to know that you like my photos!

Hi @ThomasBiziouras,

Thanks for your comment and for tagging me. I really appreciate your confirmation that this photo is your own. It seems very similar to a picture that is shared in other websites. As you know already here on Connect we tolerate the originality.

After your confirmation, your previous post is now released from the archive and it is visible in the Photography section of the forum.

P.S. I wanted to kindly remind you as well, that if you do share something that someone else created, to give a proper credit to the author, as clearly indicated in The 5 core values of Connect. Please give a proper credit not only to the source of the photos, but also to the author of the text, or the website from where the text is taken.

Level 9

Really very nice photo, thank you both of you @ThomasBiziouras  and @MoniDi  for sharing your great work with us.

Level 9

Really very nice photos, thank you both of you @ThomasBiziouras  and  @MoniDi  for sharing your great work with us.