DoNDanieleTorza's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

City reviews

Hello
more than an idea is what I'd like to find on Maps and Local Guid.
When I decide to take a trip or visit a city I would like to find advice and suggestions from other users of a general nature on how the city can be found and what absolutely can not be exemplary: the city is easy to get around by public transport and what the costs are, the city is rich in historical monuments, the local cuisine is interesting or the monument or the park is unmissable, or if there are events like festivals or interesting festivals and in what period. And of course I would like to be able to share my experience.
In short I would like the possibility to directly review the city I visited.
Thanks for your job. Local Guide is great!

DoN Daniele Torza

DoN Daniele Torza
11 Comments
Level 9

Je voudrais suggérer quelque chose:

Lorsque vous inscrivez le nom d' une ville par exemple, à gauche de votre écran apparait la ville en question.

Il serait bien de pouvoir aussi laisser un avis sur la fiche à gauche de l'écran de la ville en question sans passer par un point indiqué en particulier.

Car vous ne pouvez actuellement ajouter seulement que des photos et rien d'autre de la ville en question.

L'impression générale qu'une région, une ville, un village,  dégage sans parler d'un point où d'un plieu précis pour moi est important.

Si cette zone, cet endroit, cette agglomération etc  on un intéret, où bien une particularité spécifique, nous ne pouvons pas le dire

et je trouve cela dommage.

Ewald Luijer

Connect Moderator

Hi @EwaldLuijer are you suggesting being able to review cities/towns/villages/localities in addition to the places within the city?

Raise your idea on Idea Exchange but remember to search first and vote on an existing idea if there is one. This way the community can speak in support of your idea by voting and commenting.

Former Google Contributor

Hey @EwaldLuijer,

Thank you for your contribution.

What @PaulPavlinovich suggested is the right think to do when you have an idea for improvement of Google Maps or Local Guides Program.

I just recommend you before you submit an idea to search the community. It’s possible that someone else has already submitted the same one, so you can show your support by voting for that idea.

By the way, regarding your post, there is one similar already suggested, that is why I'll merge it there.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

В настоящее время отзыв можно сделать на какое-то конкретное место, - отель, магазин и тд. Хотелось бы иметь возможность написать отзыв о своих впечатлениях о городе, стране.

Currently, a review can be made to a particular place - a hotel, a shop, and so on. I would like to be able to write a review about my impressions of the city, country.

Здравствуйте @VartanovVladislav,

Спасибо, что поделились своей идеей.

Обратите внимание, что подобная идея уже существует здесь - City reviews, поэтому я объединю вашу с ней.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Google Moderator
Status changed to: Closed

Hello @DoNDanieleTorza,

We would like to thank you for your ideas, but we did not manage to implement it in time and according to our Idea Exchange policies we are going to need to close your idea.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi. At Local Guides we value establishments and places that we visit, but what do you think of valuing cities? The habitability, its services, safety in its streets ... in addition to other issues, would be values ​​to take into account to go, for example, on vacation.

For the replies, my mother idiom is Spanish, I speak very little English. Thank you for your vote.

Level 6

The fundamental problem with this is the scope of a city, "valuing"(whatever that means) a restaurant is much, much easier than appraising an entire city. People already have several different opinions on just ONE restaurant. An entire city would be a nightmare. 

Besides, what you may consider habitable, may not be to someone else. Safety fluctuates. You may go somewhere and experience no crime, someone else may go there and get robbed twice.

Whose "valuing" would be the correct one?

Naturalmente, es mucho más difícil valorar una ciudad entera por su tamaño, por las diferentes percepciones de cada uno sobre ella y sobre la seguridad que “fluctúa”.
Pero tal vez, ¿no es eso lo que haces en Maps? ¿No se valora independientemente del tamaño, de las distintas percepciones de las personas que lo valoran y de la "fluctuación" del trato del personal del local valorado y de lo que vende u ofrece?

Es solo una idea aproximada (de eso se trata, creo, de juntar ideas). Naturalmente, habría que retocarlo un poco. Por ejemplo, incluir diferentes categorías para valorar.

Naturalmente que es mucho más difícil valorar una ciudad entera por su tamaño, por las distintas percepciones de cada uno sobre la misma y sobre la seguridad que “fluctúa”.

Pero acaso, ¿no es eso lo que se hace en Maps? ¿No se valora independientemente del tamaño, de las distintas percepciones de las personas que valoran y sobre la “fluctuación” del trato del personal del local valorado y de lo que vende u ofrece?

Solo es una idea en bruto (de eso se trata esto, creo, de poner ideas). Naturalmente habría que retocarla un poco. Por ejemplo, incluyendo diferentes categorías a valorar.

Hello @JonEtxeberria,

Thank you for sharing your idea.

Please note that a similar one has been already suggested here - City reviews. For that reason, I will merge yours to it together with the votes your idea has accumulated so far. 

I just recommend you before you submit an idea to search the community. It’s possible that someone else has already submitted the same one, so you can show your support by voting for that idea.

Also feel free to use whatever language you feel most comfortable with. One of the main goals of Connect  — and Local Guides — is bringing people together no matter where they are from or which language they speak. We all have the same passion: share our world with others. Google Translate is enabled across all of Connect to encourage conversations across borders and we encourage you to take advantage of this feature to connect with others. We know no translation tool is perfect, but it does help us to talk

with one another around the world.