Michele_Paoletti's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Augmented reality with Google Maps

Hi everyone, i read that is avaiable augmented reality with Google Maps App but in the first time is reserved to a restricted group, than Local Guide and after again to everyone. When will it be avaiable for beta tester Local Guide? Thanks!

Michele Paoletti
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Augmented reality with Google Maps

Hi @Michele_Paoletti,

Thanks for reaching out.

We are currently testing the feature with a select number of Local Guides. This is currently a limited test, but we’ll let you know if we plan to expand it more broadly.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @Michele_Paoletti,

Thanks for reaching out.

We are currently testing the feature with a select number of Local Guides. This is currently a limited test, but we’ll let you know if we plan to expand it more broadly.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator.
Thank you!
Level 4

It would be nice to get access to this maps AR version, for all of us in the beta testers program!

Level 7

I also wonder if augmented reality will facilitate the accessibility for disabled people. Suppose that immersive view and augmented reality could deliver the info needed for google maps etc. to extend the "pedestrian modus for the blind" to more countries and cities, that the info for wheel chair users etc. could be more relevant and accurate due to augmented reality (and not only based on info businesses etc. provide) this could be a win-win for everyone and not only visual eyecandy. I find immersive view and augmented reality fun for the seeing people, but if this could also be of any help for people that can't use this visual info, ... this would be even more fantastic. At the moment, my partially sighted boyfriend uses streetview and maps +other info to prepare a trip and it sometimes happens he can help seeing people that aren't prepared as profoundly as he is, because he explored the environment and remembered some buildings etc. in the neighbourhood and could tell to the seeing people to search for building x or y for finding their way. But if all the info he uses were more accessible, easier to combine etc. this would be great. And if I could use the same info as a blind person in an afcessible way, ... this would be the sumum.

If you want to help me in making Google services more accessible and more inclusive, you can also contribute to #GoogleCrowdsource https://crowdsource.google.com

Thanks in advance for your help.