cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Asking About Making Logo Contest

Hello, local guides!

Based on @ErmesT posting about local guide contest: a logo for a new project,

I would ask about an idea that arises in Local Guides community in my Country, Indonesia.

We have regular Meet Up event that held in a National (all country) level called "Meet Up Nusantara". This Meet Up at the first time already done at Batu, Malang, East Java, Indonesia and hosted by Batu Local Guides (the recap is here: recap MUN 1 Indonesia) and followed by almost 100+ member of Local Guides from all around Indonesia. 

And at this moment we have another plan to make another National Meet Up that will be held at Yogyakarta, Special District of Yogyakarta, Indonesia this year and hosted by Yogyakarta Local Guides. But there is an idea arise at recently meet up that we have a plan to make logo contest. 

And my question about that logo contest are: 

1. Is it permissible to make Event Logo like National Meet Up that will become a regular event in Indonesia? This logo will be used during the national meet up event that will be held this year (or maybe in next year at the same event-National Meet Up)
  2. Is it permissible to make Country Logo (Indonesia Local Guides)? This logo will become our country logo which is all of the local guides that come from Indonesia could use this Logo in the further event.

If both of them got permission from all of you, we will make a logo contest for Indonesian Local Guides  (member only) and the Logo will be launched at National Meet Up (Meet Up Nusantara 2) in Yogyakarta this year. This logo will be subject to the rules from Google and still use and insert the unofficial logo from Local Guides (three stars).

Thanks for the answer, Cheers!

Dinnu Insan 

Yogyakarta Local Guides

#MariMembangunDuniaLewatPeta

cc : @BellaWi

@NunungAfuah

| Indonesia Local Guides | SVTP | Work-Study-Holiday | Yogyakarta Local Guides | Nunukan Local Guides | Jakarta Local Guides |
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Asking About Making Logo Contest

Hi @MasDinnu, thanks for asking. Per this unofficial Logo of Local Guides post, we currently used the assets from Google. May I know, how will this logo contest use for? Just to make clear of the context you will use. Thanks 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 8

Hai @NunungAfuah!

Thanks for the answer and the information about the logo asset here

This contest will be separated into two parts, Meet Up Logo (event logo) and Country Logo (Indonesian Local Guides Logo).

1. The Meet Up Logo represents Meet Up Nusantara event as a "Special Meet Up" that held by Yogyakarta Local Guides for the entire local guides in Indonesia. This logo will only be used regarding this year 2nd Meet Up Nusantara event, meanwhile the following Meet Up events ahead might use another logo.

2. The Country Logo will become the identity of Indonesian Local Guides. The proposed design will be based on our creativity but still containing the unofficial logo that was given to us (the three stars). This Indonesian Local Guide logo will be used in our inner circle and also as branding to global Local Guides. 

Best Regards,

Dinnu Insan

Yogyakarta Local Guides

| Indonesia Local Guides | SVTP | Work-Study-Holiday | Yogyakarta Local Guides | Nunukan Local Guides | Jakarta Local Guides |
Connect Moderator

@MasDinnu let me invite my fellow Google moderator@JeslynL to help figure out this issues. 🙂

Indonesia Local Guides
Level 8

Hi @JeslynL

Hope you could help me answer this question...

Best regard,

Dinnu

Former Google Contributor

Hello @MasDinnu and mbak @NunungAfuah, thanks for checking. As with all inquiries about creation of logos or t-shirts, we only advise that that Local Guides do not include the Local Guides logo, pin or any Google imagery in any of your online or offline materials. as they are a Google brand identity and is reserved for official use only. 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.