Level 10

Re: Are you ready for #lgsummit18???

Always ready for Chapter 2

Instagram  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Web Page  |

Level 10

Hey @LucioV,

Some food for thought.

Since the points update back in June 2017, it's become radically easier for Local Guides to reach Level 5, especially with many spammy edits. For most, it only needs just a full day or two to reach such a level. Do you think Level 5 should still be the minimum benchmark or should this increase?

Level 8

Hi @LucioV..

I totally agree you.. I believe, its not just about the contribution.. It's about the quality of contribution to Google Maps.. And Thanks for the information !

@LucioV wrote:

As I always write, remember that QUALITY is the main key to a successful application.

Don't run for LVL10 if you don't focus on quality.

Be active on Connect, be helpful, and arrange meetups that will help other Local Guides to be aware of the program and advantages 🙂

Good luck to everyone!

Vellore Local Guides
Level 10

Yeah, Why not? I'm so eager for that 🙂

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 10

@Amiran wrote:

Yeah, Why not? I'm so eager for that 🙂

Just in case, @Amiran as we know how many issues may occour in obtaining VISA, please, try to understand the best way and to find the right channels!

Level 10

Yeah bro @LucioV. But as there is no country limitation (Not sure about next year's summit, just I hope), surely first step is to be selected by Google 😄 If I can pass it then I should start another step and challenge to get visa! As you said unfortunately this is so hard specially for Iranians to get USA visa (Even maybe Google hold it another country 😉 ) but even if I can pass 2nd step or not I'll be happy from Google's trust to me and will have best wishes for attendees. Anyway I'll definitely do your suggestion.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides
Level 8

@FazeelUsmani wrote:

It's good to hear that Level 5+ are eligible to attend the Summit 2K18

HI @FazeelUsmani,

Please be noted that the requirement for #LGSummit18 will only be announced in official channels in 2018.  The requirements given on that count down page refers to the requirement for #LGSummit17 only.

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi all, we have updated the site as the screenshot does not reflect accurate information. As per usual, any information about a 2018 Summit will be shared on our official channels in 2018. Apologies for the confusion! 

(Thanks, @YK1001!)

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 9

Not looking forward to it because first preference will be given to moderators and I have a job. Completely dented after not getting selected last time.