AnitaAO's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Are you a female local guide? Let's meet you

Thanks @Jesi for tagging me here! It‘s so nice to meet all of you! 

#femalepower ✌🏼

I startet contributing in September 2017 and I loooove being a local guide! What about you? @VBenedict

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Level 8

@Julien44 not to worry, i was mistaken for a male recently 🧚‍♀️🧚‍♂️🧜‍♂️🧞‍♂️🧜‍♀️🧞‍♀️

I think you have handle this a bit more graciously than I did.

It is an innocent mistake related to our names not our person or the manner in which we behave.

Level 8

Hi @MiaMaria  you bet I totally love 💞💖💜💙💗 being a Local Guide in more ways than I can fathom and I telling all the world 🌎 how i am making new cyber and local friends.

I am telling all the world how they should join us in our quest for helping each other be the best LGs we ca be.

BTW, I  love Malta. I am certain you are having a wonderful time.

Connect Moderator

Hello @AnitaAO, I heard my name being called by @ErmesT

I agree with many here - let's not have male vs female Local Guides - we are all Local Guides. Yes, it is true that there are more active male Local Guides here on Connect, but I would not agree that there are more male Local Guides as a whole, 

The beauty of being a Local Guide is that you set your own pace and do what interests you more. 

With the Program, there are many badges you can receive here on Connect and on your Google Maps profile by your activities and interests.  For me, I enjoy writing thorough reviews of businesses, restaurants, and places, including uploading my best photos, of my everyday life. 

I know I will never be a Level 10 (I just don't have the time), but I know my reviews and photos are helping my local community.  I don't compete with anyone, here on Connect or in my local Community, because that is wasted energy.

Have fun, enjoy what Local Guides and Google has to offer.  Don't focus on meeting just female Local Guides because you might be surprised that there could be male Local Guides that have similar interests and taste with you.  

The one thing about being active on Connect, you get to meet and chat with people (male and female) from every corner of the world. What I find surprising is that we have similar interests & passions, and have many things in common than you would ever thought of before spending time here. 

Cheers,

Karen

Former Google Contributor

Hello,

I want to start by saying, that I'm so impressed and inspired from all of you Local Guides- men and women! The commitment, the will, the drive that all of you have is beyond words!

@AnitaAO, I think that it's a great idea to challenge women to speak up and to support one another. I personally see Connect as one, big, pure community that shares the same passion, which is helping improve the societies that we all live in, one step out of time. So, let's show the world, what unity really looks like.

Thank you!

Klaudiya

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

You are right @VBenedict, and I am sorry for making such a mistake.

Thank you for understanding.

Anita

A-Beta
Level 9

Great speech incredible  @KlaudiyaG , i igree with you , our strength is in oir Diversity 🎉👍🎉💪💪🏿💪🏽💪🏻

Keep it up , and keep inspire us 

Level 9

You said everything else that hasn't been said @KarenVChin. I appreciate your sincere words but the essence of this post is to encourage more female voices on connect...

You also forgot tag a female

Cheers!

Anita

A-Beta
Level 9

Thank you @KlaudiyaG for your kind words...

Nice to meet you through this post.

Remember to tag another female.

Cheers!

A-Beta
Level 9

Keeep going @AnitaAO , nobody said you made any mistake !!!

We all encourage and support you 🙂