Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Re: Are you a female local guide? Let's meet you

Thankyou

Connect Moderator

mmmm @AnitaAO this is up to you. Also, is not easy to reply to your question.

@AnitaAO wrote:

Your words are so sweet, thank you for your kind words @NunungAfuah. Can we start a monthly females challenge on connect? @ErmesT what do you think too?

Many controversial words are coming to my mind. If your feeling is that we need to highlight female activity, please do it.

But, if you want my opinion, my answer is no: I don't like to create a Female Vs Male, or a Female only (=ghetto) contest. I am used to work together (well, it is not a secret) with @KarenVChin, (Meet a Connect Moderator: Karen V Chin), in a "Female and Male working together" process. We do this almost everyday, and this experience helps me to a lot, in trying to understand also points of views that are different of mine.

Ermes

Level 8

Dear @ErmesT@AnitaAO@OSAMA,

on LG I like it most, that LG people are joining.

My friends became people, according to the "size of their heart",
not according to that, where they come from, not by gender,
not according to the amount of their money, not according to any

other criteria. 

Is natural, that a woman can be more loving, caring,
and the man more strong, because his role is to protect the family.

But both sexes can also be a wonderful person,

I cordially greet all of you, Klaudia

Level 5

Hi @AnitaAO

I'm female local guide from Indonesia. I'm still beginner. 

I'm happy to be a part of female local guides

Level 9

You are welcome on connect, nice to meet you @khalilashofiya

A-Beta
Level 9

You are right @KlaudiaB. Thank you for this true reminder.

Cheers!

Anita

A-Beta
Level 9

Hmmm, i am short of more words.

Thank you for your sincerity @ErmesT

A-Beta
Connect Moderator

You are most welcome @AnitaAO

AsI said, this is a controversial feeling, in my heart. I strongly believe that women should be more visible, and there is a "male oriented" world that is trying to hide this aspect. In the other side, I believe that, in our community at least, we should be able to do this avoiding the conflict (even if a lot of "cultural traditions", well mentioned in the post of @ValeriaA_ related to March 😎 are trying to relegate the role of the wonderful womens in a corner of "house queen, children, cleaning home", so maybe you are right, and the way for accepting a world without difference have probably to pass throug a way of some "women only" area. Transforming "Equal in diversity" from an idea to a common way of being is not so simple, even if this community is years ahead, if compared with the daily life.

But of course, this still be a "male point of view"

Ermes

Level 10

Hello Girls,

I have been mentionned in this post ! Is it because I have a female part in me ;-)?

I am a male local guide from France.

In my point of view, it doesn't really matter if we are male, female and I don't really like the idea of making special challenge. It is a kind of segregation.

Despite our differences (male, female, black, white, muslim, christian and so on), we have hands joined as sisters and brothers. We are all local guides!

See you around

Jul

Ps: I tagg @KlaudiyaG

Level 9

Forgive me @Julien44, I take you for a female...

You are very correct too to opine against challenge. 

Well the essence of this post is to get more female active on connect, meet with them and as well see that we are not less in number as many of us thought.

Cheers!

Anita

A-Beta